Homebrew DSOrganize- "You have been redirected to a network authentication

xtinct84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a problem using DSOrganize's browser. The problem is not a connection issue, but a network safeguard placed by the university I attend. After I connect to the university wifi AP and I attempt to access any site. A message appears stateing I have been redirected to the network authentication page. That would be cool if something after that appeared on the DSO browser allowing me to input my username and password. However, that is not the case, it just goes to a white screen.
Is there a way I can bypass this network feature using the DSO browser?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may be able to login with the official Opera browser, and then reboot the DS and use any web browser you want. You also might be able to get it to work with the Links browser in DSLinux, dunno about that. You'd need slot-2 RAM in either case.

What happens if you take note of the actual URL of the login screen and attempt to manually go there on DSO?

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
On the Opera browser, any MTS hotspot will redirect me to the sign-in page, but a lot of other re-routing systems just give me a popup saying "remote connection closed by server" or something like that, even if I manually URL to that exact page. I'm wondering if that's the difference between a login html page and a popup login window.

I wonder if you could put your username in the URL. While FTP-ing, for example, your URL might look like the following: ftp://[email protected]. The password would still need a pop-up, though.

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The difference between a popup login page and a standard one is the fact that most popup ones are done in javascript.
Which we all know the DSO browser doesn't have support for.
Or if you are talking about when you get a 403 error, which is what I think this one is, it would normally be a popup dialog which is by the browser not the site.
And we also know that DSO doesn't support this either.
So, yeah.
I say go with OneMichael's idea and try chuck your log in details in the URL.

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using bunjallo, its a better internet browsing homebrew for the DS that doesn't require addition ram to run it.

xtinct84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osimonbinladen said:
What happens when you are on a computer connecting through Wifi?

When on my labtop, each time I open my browser I am redirected to the network authentication page. From there, I enter my student username and pw which gains me access to the wifi network.

xtinct84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
What happens if you take note of the actual URL of the login screen and attempt to manually go there on DSO?

You know, that is a good question, ill give that a shot tomarrow and see if DSO can bring up the input text boxes.

xtinct84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EpicPie said:
Try using bunjallo, its a better internet browsing homebrew for the DS that doesn't require addition ram to run it.

I actually use bunjallo from time to time aswell, and I am shocked I have not yet tested it to see if could bypass the universities wifi network authentication page. I would definatly be contempt if bunjallo browser can run google code searches and what not without having to process my network identification through the authentication page.

xtinct84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question to DanTheManMS or anyone with DSO browser exp,

Would you say that DSO freezes are the norm when opening pages with multiple image formats with the browser?

Or could this issue be due to the fact I use EZ Flash 3in1pls which to my knowledge has no found source code for its own RAM utility?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSO doesn't use slot-2 RAM at all. Image browsing has always been a bit buggy in my experience, so I usually browse in text-only mode for stability purposes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended