Hacking DSOrganize music playing

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I've been having some problems with v.2.6 and on (I'm currently using version 2.7 final, great quality on sound) which is basically that it'll play as many songs as I want when the lid's open, but once I close it (and I really want this because else the DS is pretty stupid to use as an mp3...), after playing like 3-4 songs (of about 3-4 minutes each one) it'll sound like a scratched CD (you know, like f-f-f-ff- or whatever you wanna write it like) for about 2 seconds, then it'll stop and when I open the lid the screens are black, the playing's stopped and it won't react upon anything (but turning it off and then on again, of course...).
Ok, so since this thing only happens when the lid's closed, does anyone know what the reason for this could be? Also, any way I could contact dragonminded and report this? Is this a known bug? I first thought it was related to using webbrowser and getting the SD corrupted but no, it isn't that after all...
Well, I'll thank any help and answers... I've been asking about this on the DSOrganize topic but no one would answer :'(
Thanks!
grog.gif

EDIT: I use eziv lite compact kingston microsd 1GB and yes, I tried formatting, dldi patching and so on. Both with slow and fast SD dldi patch and such... I really tried everything I can think of
wink.gif
so this'd be more like a development problem, hence that I ask about a (useful) way to contact dragonminded. Thanks again!

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not try using moonshell?
Well...
rofl2.gif
I knew answers like this wouldn't take much time in appearing
tongue.gif

Thing is, DSOrganize has a way better quality on sound at the moment, the program itself is a lot more versatile, beautiful, stable (apart from the fact of crashing when closing the lid, of course), not to mention that I don't have to restart if I want to look for something on the wikipedia (which is a nuisance, and I do it pretty often). I could just simply go get a mp3 for less than 10 dollars, but hey, what I want is having all the stuff I like on the same device... so thanks for the advice but I think I'll stick with this program and wait for someone to lend me a hand on fixing this problem
nyanya.gif

Thanks anyway
happy.gif

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I bump...
So, no one's having same problem as I do..? I got an answer on a Spanish NDS forum about a guy having exactly same problem... I sent an e-mail to DragonMinded around one or two days ago but it doesn't seem like he's gonna check it on a while :/
I'd thank any comments about this kind of bug, and also if anyone noted they're having same problem...

Maktub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering!
That's the version I'm currently using :/ (2.7 final). However, I sent an e-mail to DM who told me that was a well known bug (¿?¿? is it?) and that he doesn't know how to fix it, but is currently trying to repair it.
Ah, however it is I really hope it gets fixed anytime soon...

P.S: weird no one else seems to have noticed the problem on this flashcart (or at least no one responded on this thread :S) when DM himself says it's a well known bug (haven't seen it reported on his forum either).

mossy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had that problem too. I just gave up and went back to using Moonshell until the problem is fixed.

..Actually, I thought it was something to do with my microSD being slow and the mp3 and m4a files being fairly high bitrate - hence too much of a strain on the hardware.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that really is a weird bug.

i've never encountered it since i use moonshell...

so of course i had to try it out, and yep, after about 20 minutes, it just cut out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro