DSOrganize - IRC no longer stays connected.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Sigma83, Mar 22, 2007.

Mar 22, 2007
  1. Sigma83
    OP

Newcomer Sigma83 Advanced Member

Canada
    IRC will successfully connect, but then a version request will be made, and then it'll say I'm banned and disconnect. It used to work perfectly fine. I don't have much of an understanding of how IRC works so was hoping someone may know how to get around this issue. The error message is a Temporary Ban, Dline or something. And it's actually resulted in the IRC i had running on my home computer saying i'm now banned there as well. I haven't the foggiest. Help please, thanks.

2. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It sounds like the IRC Networkyou use doesn't like "DSOrganize IRC 2.41 Beta by DragonMinded" (which is the IRC client version reported by DSO 2.61).

And so the IRC network banned your IP. That's about it. [​IMG]

Since it's temporary like you said, you'd need to wait a while before you connect back on with your PC. [​IMG]

3. Sigma83
    OP

Canada
    Unreal....someone just made a conscious decision "yeah I don't like dsorganize, we'll ban anyone joining with it."

Lame.

4. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    for all we know it might just ban any unrecognised clients. [​IMG]

5. Sigma83
    OP

Canada
    Ah, that would make sense [​IMG]....and simply shows how little of irc i understand. Thanks junkie.