blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
A new version of DSOrganize is release.

%5B1250%5Ddsorganize.PNG

QUOTE said:
3.1 is Out!

Just letting everyone know that 3.1 is out. This, like 3.05, is mostly a maintenence release. In this version, I concentrated on fixing as many FAT related bugs as I possibly could find, and it should be much more stable for all cards concerned. I have also added support for deflate and gzip encoded web pages for the browser, resulting in pages that support these encodings loading much much faster. The plugin/executable architecture has been removed permanently as of this version, as it was extremely underused and took up space. Also gone is the resources file, and DSOrganize should boot faster now.

I am experimenting with screen orientations, and have added an option to rotate the orientation of the image viewer so that you can hold the DS sideways. If this is well recieved, I'll probably add a mode like this to to text viewer and web browser.

Direct Download
Support Site
Wiki

This release has been tested working on GBAMP, MK2, MK3, GnM, and CycloDS Evo.

Here is the changelog :

QUOTEFixes found in 3.1

* Added support for attachment style downloads (usually download.php style).
  * Added deflate and gzip encoding support to web browser.
  * Added letter view mode to the picture viewer.
  * Added optional click noise to keyboards.
  * Added many more special character tags like è etc to web browser.
  * Changed large font to Arial 13 from Century 16 to be more consistent.
  * Fixed download filenames being badly named when longer filenames were downloaded beforehand.
  * Fixed "Removing invalid lfn entry" error in FAT after deleting a file.
  * Fixed "Invalid file size on entry" error in FAT after creating a new empty file.
  * Fixed "Errors in . and/or .. corrected" error in FAT after creating new directory in root.
  * Fixed files randomly not being created and "directories after end" error in FAT.
  * Fixed seek bar not updating while paused.
  * Fixed text boxes getting the generic text color instead of the textbox text color.
  * Removed plugin architecture and resources file. Were causing too much trouble with no real benefit.

Download at GBATemp Download Center

Source :
DragonMinded's Blog
DragonMinded.com

French users can download a special version here : (Tango Icons, French translation for 3.1, French web engines...)
http://www.dev-fr.org/vos-news/(nds)-dsorganize-v3-1/

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Once again, another update for DSO.

bow.gif

I have a problem in 3.01

When I use the Web Browser, it never boots up. It locks up my DS.. Can someone help?

~Nero

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, but just out of curiosity (and sorry if this is common knowledge at this point), what exactly causes homebrew files to corrupt memory cards?

Seems really weird that 2 gigs worth of roms can transfer just fine, but something as simple as a 1kb text file ruins everything.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope DragonMinded is getting something out of his coding skills... say money? helping people with vit. A deficiency?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Off topic, but just out of curiosity (and sorry if this is common knowledge at this point), what exactly causes homebrew files to corrupt memory cards?

Seems really weird that 2 gigs worth of roms can transfer just fine, but something as simple as a 1kb text file ruins everything.

Naw.. I think it's that people just pull out the MicroSD adapter out of their computers without using the "Safely Remove" option in their computer.

By skipping that step, you risk corrupting your card.

~Nero

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They are called bugs. Unexpected data written to exactly the wrong place can destroy directory structure easily. When making a new file on a disk from homebrew, there is always the chance that something may misfire (and if no proper error handling is done, or there is a bug, then the FAT table may well get skewered).

Naw.. I think it's that people just pull out the MicroSD adapter out of their computers without using the "Safely Remove" option in their computer.

By skipping that step, you risk corrupting your card.

~Nero
Actually, the problem isn't related to that at all - it comes from the simple fact it is homebrew, and a home made driver for accessing data/FAT partitions on a disk, that is maintained mainly by only 1 person. Being someone who has coded, I know for a fact it is impossible for 1 person to forsee all the circumstances that software may be used under, let alone make 100% bug free code right off the bat.

Also... there is this if you still think "Safely remove" is the problem...

Under windows...
open my computer
right click on the drive and select "properites"
select hardware tab
pick your card reader hardware and press the "properties" box
select "policies" tab
make sure "optimized for quick removal" is selected
always make sure the copy dialog that comes up when moving files to the card is complete before removing it, no problems. There are similar options for most OS's, not just XP (though I myself have always used umount instead of looking for such options under linux environs).

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.