OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joeygodsey.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, I tried searching for this but no results.
Will the firmware flasher for the DSONEi work on other flash cards?

Thanks if anyone knows the answer!
gbasp.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure that all the flasher does is just give power to the cart. I don't think it actually gives any access to the card from the computer. So I guess it just depends on whether people will actually support such a thing.

flotwig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
podtube.us
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
I'm pretty sure that all the flasher does is just give power to the cart. I don't think it actually gives any access to the card from the computer. So I guess it just depends on whether people will actually support such a thing.
You might be right. However, the progress indicator on the flasher is going, so something's happening, at least...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess if you had a m3i0 and lost the cable or some other card with upgradeable boot loader and happen to have a supercard dsonei writer it might flash it.
other than that i have no idea and it may not even work that way on other carts.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
It would probably be unlikely that the flasher would work with any other cart, it probably wouldn't work because each cartridge interacts with the microSD slot differently (hence the need for a different DLDI file for each flash cart).

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raing3 said:
It would probably be unlikely that the flasher would work with any other cart, it probably wouldn't work because each cartridge interacts with the microSD slot differently (hence the need for a different DLDI file for each flash cart).
Seeing as how all the card needs is just power to flash it, that wouldn't make any difference. But I guess it remains to be seen if they locked out any other power source other than the USB cable though. It might not work with other flashers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0