Hacking DSONE clones appear to be available for purchase

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The DSONE and DSTWO are essentially the same. It's just that the DSTWO has that MIPS CPU on board that uses a lot of energy. There's really no use for those built in emulators any more.
Sure but it's a cool piece of hardware and would be nice to have.

Regiseal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSONE and DSTWO are essentially the same. It's just that the DSTWO has that MIPS CPU on board that uses a lot of energy. There's really no use for those built in emulators any more.
I agree the emulators are essentially useless. The DSTWO cheat creator feature would be nice. Anyone know of a comparable PC program?

Last edited by Regiseal,

boots_n_cats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by boots_n_cats,

boots_n_cats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my latest batch I got one that has an SD card read error but no PSRAM issues. The SD read issue renders it completely useless. I tried taking it apart and resoldering everything but got the same issue. I also managed to reproduce a PSRAM issue by intentionally badly reflowing the PSRAM chip. No clue if it's the same issue others are experiencing, but it being a BGA chip makes me think soldering defects are a likely culprit.

frankob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problems with SD cards that can cause issues in game aren't generally things that will show up on a computer so it's very much worth trying a different card or reformatting you existing card (FAT32 with 32kb cluster/allocation unit size). I'd try the reformat first because having larger allocation units can really help with read performance but failing that, the card itself could just be kinda slow.

It is also possible you got a bum unit and no amount of fiddling with it will help but it would be a bit weird for a manufacturing defect to cause the issues you describe.

I've tried formatting the SD card as suggested -- FAT32 with 32kb cluster/allocation unit size -- or at least I think I have... I'm using Kubuntu, and so KDE Partition Manager for formatting. Under advanced options to create a fat32 partition there are two fields: "First sector" and "Last sector". I set the first sector to 32.768 (32kb), but I left the last sector default -- 7.886.847 I think it was... Is that procedure correct? This situation also left 15 MB of free space before the partition, if that is anyhow relevant.
After setting it up this way, EOS loads faster, but the crashes seem to happen more often and more randomly. I have also kept all the save files from the previous installation, if that affects the situation anyhow.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have an original cart with a nice condition label they could take a picture of so I can print one. cant find any good pictures online
Found a picture online that I was able to clean up and denoise enough to get a decent output, but it's pretty low res. Maybe it can help, though.

Attachments

• scdsone.png
    scdsone.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: AnotherMuggle

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Printed some labels, the grey leaf bits only show on one of my monitors but you can see them well irl. The green isn't great but I have cheap ebay ink. The one on the left has some glossy tape stuff ontop you cant tell in the picture but it makes the ink last a lot longer. I use this if anyone wants to make some its a lot nicer than normal sticky back paper https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073P9D521
labels.jpg

Attachments

• dsone label.zip
    272.5 KB · Views: 104

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine was yellowed when I got it and I am in a bit of a rush to be doing my usual whole bunch of rulers thing but for the sake of having something more high resolution to maybe combine with
http://eng.supercard.sc/old/images/product/
dsone_sticker.jpg

Between the two and the earlier post then hopefully someone can have some fun in inkscape.

You can probably find the font for the supercard logo, SDHC logo is a standard logo you can find a replacement for. That leaves the curved shape (petals maybe?) and DSone. The dot effect is usually called dithering, though gimps filters -> distorts -> newsprint will probably be where you go for that. Inkscape I am not sure about, though https://blueprints.launchpad.net/inkscape/+spec/dithered-gradients looks like a start.

edit. Had some time to play with in the end so tried my luck with the font identifiers after a bit of cleanup.
I think "ONE" is AusProbe as a font.
https://www.ffonts.net/AusPROBE.font.download
edit some more.
Definitely ausprobe but took a bit of fettling to get right (they had resized it a bit it seems, easy enough to type the same words, overlay over existing low res logo and play with the size sliders though) and thus we have a SVG attached with it on. Don't have the "DS" part though and that is a different font, two characters is also hard to identify/feed to one of the OCR websites.

Attachments

• dsone_one_logo.svg.7z
    1.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by FAST6191,

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine was yellowed when I got it and I am in a bit of a rush to be doing my usual whole bunch of rulers thing but for the sake of having something more high resolution to maybe combine with
http://eng.supercard.sc/old/images/product/
View attachment 269166

Between the two and the earlier post then hopefully someone can have some fun in inkscape.

You can probably find the font for the supercard logo, SDHC logo is a standard logo you can find a replacement for. That leaves the curved shape (petals maybe?) and DSone. The dot effect is usually called dithering, though gimps filters -> distorts -> newsprint will probably be where you go for that. Inkscape I am not sure about, though https://blueprints.launchpad.net/inkscape/+spec/dithered-gradients looks like a start.

edit. Had some time to play with in the end so tried my luck with the font identifiers after a bit of cleanup.
I think "ONE" is AusProbe as a font.
https://www.ffonts.net/AusPROBE.font.download
edit some more.
Definitely ausprobe but took a bit of fettling to get right (they had resized it a bit it seems, easy enough to type the same words, overlay over existing low res logo and play with the size sliders though) and thus we have a SVG attached with it on. Don't have the "DS" part though and that is a different font, two characters is also hard to identify/feed to one of the OCR websites.
Thankyou I made a version copying this, the psd is huge so I've had to upload elsewhere. Will try printing a couple later https://mega.nz/file/ar4gnaRT#AzGRL8RhAw9fWHAql3iTNyPMGTiPjr7SoUoE5a00QZM
image.png

Reactions: Plstic

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thankyou I made a version copying this, the psd is huge so I've had to upload elsewhere. Will try printing a couple later https://mega.nz/file/ar4gnaRT#AzGRL8RhAw9fWHAql3iTNyPMGTiPjr7SoUoE5a00QZM
image.png
I thought I would have some fun with inkscape earlier so I have a vector version now. Maybe not pixel exact but at the size of a label you are playing with a jeweller's loupe to tell. I have not quite figured out dithering/newsprint effects in inkscape so left it for now (got a blurred effect for the shadow around DS though). If I were to do it in GIMP I would probably want to go layer by layer for all the parts which is no fun.

CARD is one of the arials though tweaked a bit. Easy enough to match up. eng was similarly a basic sans serif type deal.
No idea what DS is but was enough of there in high enough clarity I could trace it and copy colours.

Super could be one of several fonts, though Bank Gothic Std Medium and Morris Sans Pro Medium (as well as another Morris sans font) were the best candidates. Sadly they are paid fonts so linking might be hard there (easy enough to find if you need them).
PNG so you can see it
supercard_dsone_label.png

SVG attached, made in inkscape with fonts mentioned already.

Did not bother doing any kind of sizing for print, though you have 0.5mm rulers above in the photo so I am not too bothered on that front.

Wonder if we will eventually see these in the new batches coming out.

Attachments

• supercard_dsone_label_remake.svg.7z
    4.6 KB · Views: 149

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how would one get a sheet of these printed?
I have various ways of doing this sort of thing when called upon to do it.
Templates for various sticky labels exist for Word, libreoffice writer and all the rest, as do business cards. You might even be lucky and find one for the DS already. Anyway find one with a vaguely suitable size (or make one -- you enter margins/page/card size like any other document editing sesssion) and then you end up with a bunch of sections on a page. Position the image correctly on one and it should duplicate (might need to cheat and place it in a header/copy to all field).

Alternatively PDF makers and slideshow printing options will allow you to cram multiple pages onto one page. This I usually use for more arbitrary "just get a bunch on the page and make it readable" jobs though.

At that point if you are gluing it then whatever shiny paper you want, if you are using peel off sticky labels (or whole sheet of a4) then go do that. Slicing can be done however you will, I have a nice guillotine but a scalpel/razor blade and a metal ruler (which has the benefit of also being able to measure) or other straight edge will do. The rounded corner and diagonal slice might take a tiny bit more thought (for the corner I have radius gauges, assuming a simple round punch tilted slightly or carving gouge in my collection does not do what is needed, but freehand should be possible too as this only has to look good and not necessarily be fractions of a mm).

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought I would have some fun with inkscape earlier so I have a vector version now. Maybe not pixel exact but at the size of a label you are playing with a jeweller's loupe to tell. I have not quite figured out dithering/newsprint effects in inkscape so left it for now (got a blurred effect for the shadow around DS though). If I were to do it in GIMP I would probably want to go layer by layer for all the parts which is no fun.

CARD is one of the arials though tweaked a bit. Easy enough to match up. eng was similarly a basic sans serif type deal.
No idea what DS is but was enough of there in high enough clarity I could trace it and copy colours.

Super could be one of several fonts, though Bank Gothic Std Medium and Morris Sans Pro Medium (as well as another Morris sans font) were the best candidates. Sadly they are paid fonts so linking might be hard there (easy enough to find if you need them).
PNG so you can see it
View attachment 269193
SVG attached, made in inkscape with fonts mentioned already.

Did not bother doing any kind of sizing for print, though you have 0.5mm rulers above in the photo so I am not too bothered on that front.

Wonder if we will eventually see these in the new batches coming out.
Very clean nice one

I have various ways of doing this sort of thing when called upon to do it.
Templates for various sticky labels exist for Word, libreoffice writer and all the rest, as do business cards. You might even be lucky and find one for the DS already. Anyway find one with a vaguely suitable size (or make one -- you enter margins/page/card size like any other document editing sesssion) and then you end up with a bunch of sections on a page. Position the image correctly on one and it should duplicate (might need to cheat and place it in a header/copy to all field).

Alternatively PDF makers and slideshow printing options will allow you to cram multiple pages onto one page. This I usually use for more arbitrary "just get a bunch on the page and make it readable" jobs though.

At that point if you are gluing it then whatever shiny paper you want, if you are using peel off sticky labels (or whole sheet of a4) then go do that. Slicing can be done however you will, I have a nice guillotine but a scalpel/razor blade and a metal ruler (which has the benefit of also being able to measure) or other straight edge will do. The rounded corner and diagonal slice might take a tiny bit more thought (for the corner I have radius gauges, assuming a simple round punch tilted slightly or carving gouge in my collection does not do what is needed, but freehand should be possible too as this only has to look good and not necessarily be fractions of a mm).
The first psd I posted has guide lines to correctly scale the image down so they can be lined up for printing onto a4. The size is the same as the label I measured on my pokemon diamond cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night