Homebrew Homebrew app DSMidiWifi - WiFi Connection with Twilight Menu++?

Riper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I'm pretty new to the DS homebrew world. I am very interested in using DsMidiWifi to play live music with my good ol' Nintendo DSi, but i can't seem to make it work. Even though i connected to my local wifi network thorugh the normal system settings, it turns down upon launching the twlight menu to open any of my MIDI roms. Is wifi not supported with twlight? Is it possible to boot up the desired rom directly?
Thank you for reading!

Riper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
oh man, you are THE rocketrobz! thank you for all your work : )
I hope that it is understood in the recording, but the wifi light shuts down when booting the menu and then the midi applications will just stay on "connecting..." forever. Any clue?

Attachments

• VID_24440117_131419_175.mp4
    4.9 MB
  • VID_24440425_102204_278.mp4
    4.3 MB

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man, you are THE rocketrobz! thank you for all your work : )
I hope that it is understood in the recording, but the wifi light shuts down when booting the menu and then the midi applications will just stay on "connecting..." forever. Any clue?
First of all, your TWiLight Menu++ version is out of date, so please update it to the latest version: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/updating-dsi
Second, after updating, make sure the "WiFi" setting is turned on in TWLMenu++ Settings.
Lastly, you'll need to connect to a WEP/Open access point.

If the issue persists after doing the above steps, then the homebrew may not be compatible.

Reactions: Riper

Riper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just updated, thank you! Still doesn't work, but at least this time it says the connection failed instead of staying on hold. i'm betting its a problem with the homebrew or something with my configuration. I'm still happy with the rest of the softwares, so thanks for your help!

Reactions: RocketRobz

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated, thank you! Still doesn't work, but at least this time it says the connection failed instead of staying on hold. i'm betting its a problem with the homebrew or something with my configuration. I'm still happy with the rest of the softwares, so thanks for your help!
Homebrew compiled with older versions of dswifi are not compatible with the dsi.

Reactions: Riper

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this must be the answer then. Thanks! Perhaps once i have a bit of time to hone my programming skills I'll try making it work on my DSi. Still a long way to go though.
Depending on the version of tool chains and library versions this could be as simple as a recompile or require quite a bit of effort as it gets older.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there