hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSmaps
Google Map viewer

A new Google Maps client has been unveiled, and I have to say the speed on this one is quite impressive. On boot it will automatically connect to the nearest access point, and start downloading maps on the fly. D-pad pans the screen, holding L lets you pan slower, R faster, A button zooms in, B button zooms out. Theres also a "Home location function". Pressing "Select" will let you set the current screen as your "Home location", saving the location onto your flashcart. Now you can jump directly to that stored location at any time by pressing the "Start" button. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

P

pasc

I really hope it will come to a point where it will allow us to download maps to the card for using them on the road.

BTW: Urza... this has been bothering me for quite a while... your Avatar is kinda weird... Mind changing it ? It really drives me crazy everytime I see it. Sorry...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice app. It just ruined all files in my sd card.
Mine too. WTF?

This sucks.

It was great fun to play with it and all, I was having fun and stuff but then I got this weird error about not being able to download files so I shut off my DS and it destroyed everything.

The app itself is great if it ever goes to a point where you can use the downloaded maps on the road and maybe this is going a bit far but input a direction like GPS and it will give you a dot on your destination.

But for now, I wouldn't recommend anyone download this unless you backed up your card.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW: Urza... this has been bothering me for quite a while... your Avatar is kinda weird... Mind changing it ? It really drives me crazy everytime I see it. Sorry...

Its a 4chan.org meme I don't know why people on gbatemp think its funny or cool to use those outside of 4chan but its not.
2ch != 4chan

Now enough whining about my avatar. If looking at it bothers you so damn much, go stab your eyes out with steak knives (or Adblock it). Stay on-topic.

P

pasc

Now I'm happy that Opera has a option to disable certain images
wink.gif
... Nevermind. Thanks for informing us abou DSMaps anyway

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dsmaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Mine too. WTF?

This sucks.

It was great fun to play with it and all, I was having fun and stuff but then I got this weird error about not being able to download files so I shut off my DS and it destroyed everything.

The app itself is great if it ever goes to a point where you can use the downloaded maps on the road and maybe this is going a bit far but input a direction like GPS and it will give you a dot on your destination.

But for now, I wouldn't recommend anyone download this unless you backed up your card.

Hi, I'm the guy behind DSmaps. I'm sorry and surprised to hear about the corrupted files. I've been giving it a right old thrashing in the last few weeks (I've got well over 3,000 files in my tile cache!) and haven't seen what you describe. I use only the standard C library functions (fopen, fwrite, fflush, fclose, etc.) and I never delete or rename a folder or file. I basically just use a single DSMAPS folder that I create in the root. So I'm at a loss as to how this is happening. To help me sort it out:

What slot-1 card are you using?

What firmware version are you running on it (and do have have any unsupported patches)?

What type and size microSD card are you using?

What file system are you running on the microSD card (i.e. FAT-16 or FAT-32)?

Thanks.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Mine too. WTF?

This sucks.

Hi, I'm the guy behind DSmaps. I'm sorry and surprised to hear about the corrupted files. I've been giving it a right old thrashing in the last few weeks (I've got well over 3,000 files in my tile cache!) and haven't seen what you describe. I use only the standard C library functions (fopen, fwrite, fflush, fclose, etc.) and I never delete or rename a folder or file. I basically just use a single DSMAPS folder that I create in the root. So I'm at a loss as to how this is happening. To help me sort it out:

What slot-1 card are you using?

What firmware version are you running on it (and do have have any unsupported patches)?

What type and size microSD card are you using?

What file system are you running on the microSD card (i.e. FAT-16 or FAT-32)?

Thanks.

R4
1.14 I guess

Kingston JP 1 gb

Fat32

Still searhcing pc for back ups of my saves
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...