Hacking DSLite dead?

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted something regarding this on the NDS hacking forum here. But it was regarding another subject. I'm gonna copy/paste the original post so you have an idea how it all started.
QUOTE said:
Hello all, I've had a NDSlite for about two years now, and a Supercard Ds One for about a year. Never had any problems. But yesterday my DS, after playing for a bit (in clean mode, as the last firmware update somehow didn't let me play patch mode, gonna downgrade to what I had before), I turned it off, and then when my girlfriend went to play... It wouldn't turn on. It was plugged in to the AC Adapter and my speakers. I tried turning it on with the card and without it, the most I got for a while was a flikering screen before it turned back off.
I unplugged it, then later it turned on without the card, but I had to set my DS back again like it were new. So it reformatted? Then the card worked again, but the DS would shut off randomly during play. I plugged it back on and it hasn't shut off by itself. There's a fact that I always have the DS plugged in when I am at home, so I discussed it with my girlfriend and my friend, and we think maybe the DS gets overloaded with energy and the battery is being affected. I don't know if the DSlite has a system where it prevents that from happening by self draining energy, like some cellphones do.

Now for my actual questions.

1. Can a Flascart actually brick my DSlite? I mean, you just take it out and the ds is "unhacked"...
2. What could brick the flashcards? Supercard Ds One specifically? I know the last firmware update for ds Two rendered some card bricked.
3. Could it just be as stated above, a battery problem for leaving it plugged in for long periods of time?
4. If so, how much would a new battery cost, and where would you suggest I look?

In that thread, I got a few answers regarding DS Bricking and and some battery information.

But now I return here, posting in a more appropiate forum, because now, the DSLite will not turn on at all. Plugged or not, game or not. The most it does, when it's plugged in and I try to turn it on, the power light turns on for a split second, and turns back off.
I removed the game and the Stylus, and did a slight "shake test", and I hear something inside sounding that didn't when I shook it the first time I had the problem as stated above.
I have tried to remove the battery cover and see if by chance the battery may be loose, but I cannot find a screwdriver (real of makeshift) small enough for the task. And thought I just now read the DSLite disassembly guide, I will not dare rip open my DS and void any possible warranty it may still have (Though I doubt it has any... it's been two christmas's and there's no receipt).

I'm just trying to see what could be the possible causes, to learn about the issue, and then maybe I'll end up contacting nintendo about fixing it there is no other hope. I don't trust the people around here who claim to be able to fix DSLites, and the most trustworthy one... is REALLY far away.

I don't want the gift from my girlfriend to be lost!!!! TT^TT (sure, I can buy another DSlite and keep the other as a memento, but still...No money XD)

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have this same problem... i think it has something to do with the LCDs rainbow wires. Don't blame your battery for it cuz it has nothing to do with ur battery. What i do to get around it is just smacking it against my palm or squeenzing the hinge area. So far that is the farthest i have gone to fix it, but i know it's getting worse everyday. Eventually you will have to contact nintendo to get it fixed but if you just want to get it fixed for the time being, smacking or shaking it should do the trick.

Im now forced to play my dsi on a brightness level higher then lowest or otherwise the top screen keeps dimming or the dsi randomly turns off.

Give it a good smacking
yaynds.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right, if your electronics don't work you should just smack them around a bit. that usually fixes the problem...

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I definitely am no gonna smack around my DS :wtf:

But if it's a fuse, which from what I read does indeed seem to be the case... I'll just send it to Ninty, I'm don't have good enough hand to work motherboards and solder and such...

Does anyone know what would be the repair fee, if any?

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its not the fuse, its just the lcd connection, im postive
smile.gif
. Just smack it, it'll start working again. It happens with all electronics, loose connections, just smack it lightly, if possible...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just put McDonald's on it so they have motivation +1