Hacking DSLinker 16G Save Problem

Doormatt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey All!

I just got myself a NDSL and a DSLinker16G this week. However, it seems (to me) that there's something wrong with the DSLinker. While it runs games beautifully, I can't seem to save any games on it. I'll save the game (in the game), turn off the NDSL, turn it back on, go into the Linker software, re-save the save, then load the game...and no saves show up. I've tried this with an updated save database, and on multiple games, and none work. I'm running the 123O firmware, and starting to go a little crazy.

I thought that it might be a problem with the multi-game support that was introduced in the 1230 firmware, so I tried to downgrade to the 123A, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

I ran the Save game tester for the NEO, and while it doesn't show any errors in the saving process, when you run it the second time, it still says there's no save game file present.

I've contacted the supplier of my DSLinker already, but I figured I'd try everything, just in case this is user error.

Thanks!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sinkhead you might know about this. It seems to me this happens more on the ds linker. Do all the clones have the same battery
unsure.gif

Doormatt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahhhh...my apologies for not searching better.

Now that I've read that thread, the battery being dead sounds EXACTLY like this. As was mentioned there, if the battery's dead, then the SRAM can't survive the OFF/ON sequence.

TheGame07, you mentioned in that thread that you know of a battery tester? I looked on the DSLinker site, and can't see one (or even a FAQ section). Could you give me a few more details?

Thanks!

Doormatt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Many thanks!

Sadly (or happily, depending on which way you look at it), the battery's dead (so the test says)

The next test is seeing how my supplier deals with this...considering it's two days old.

Thanks to everyone for all their help.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i suspect the batterys that are failing are faulty since it happens just after people buy the cards while other people have been using the card for months.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm no longer in posession of the XP Card and DSLinker, sorry, however Moddz.com has a FlashCart PCB Collection which oddly does not have any of the DSLinker and clones on it... I do know however that the DSLinker and clones are very hard to get open without destroying the contents. The GBAtemp review does not have any of the PCB photos on like they usually do, I checked.

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1