Hacking DSLibris on your 3DS? - Have you? Do you?

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DS Lite with an Edge card and I use the DSLibris e-reader application on it.
I want to buy the 3ds, only, if I can do ALL that I do on the DS Lite on it.*
So if you have a 3DS does it run DSLibris?
Any problems, pros or cons?
Thanks
smile.gif

*and when they give us a burgundy coloured console option.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, first check if your Edge card runs on a 3DS.

Does it run?

If yes: GZ, you can run your homebrew, have fun using DSLibris
If not supported: nope sorry mate.

There isnt really a pro or a con, as ds mode is quitely the same as the lite and the dsi

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
well, first check if your Edge card runs on a 3DS.

Does it run?

If yes: GZ, you can run your homebrew, have fun using DSLibris
If not supported: nope sorry mate.

There isnt really a pro or a con, as ds mode is quitely the same as the lite and the dsi
'tis a fair point sir! But if I have to upgrade to a newer flashcard (so long as I can purchase it from within the EU) then I'll do it. But for the moment DSLibris is irreplaceable.

However as I don't own a 3DS I need to ask others if anyone has run DSLibris on it (using whatever flashcard they own).
smile.gif

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS and an Acekard2i and can confirm that DSLibris runs perfectly. It's blurrier because of the upscaling, but still easily readable. If the blurring bothers you, you can hold Start while opening the flashcard to get it to run in 1:1 mode, but that means the text is going to be 1.25x smaller.

I don't have an Edge but I've never seen it listed as a 3DS-compatible card so my guess is it doesn't work. There's another topic on this forum with a list of confirmed working cards, go check there.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ultimatt42 said:
I have a 3DS and an Acekard2i and can confirm that DSLibris runs perfectly. It's blurrier because of the upscaling, but still easily readable. If the blurring bothers you, you can hold Start while opening the flashcard to get it to run in 1:1 mode, but that means the text is going to be 1.25x smaller.

I don't have an Edge but I've never seen it listed as a 3DS-compatible card so my guess is it doesn't work. There's another topic on this forum with a list of confirmed working cards, go check there.
Thanks very much for that.
smile.gif

I'm a bit sad about the blurring. I wonder if there is a cure that doesn't reduce text size.....hmmm. I don't think DSLibris is supported any more so until something better comes out I'm stuck. But at least I have a little more hope now.
Regarding the edge I don't think many people have an edge so I'm not surprised it isn't on the list. I'll upgrade to a better card if not.
Edit: just seen the post above looks like I'll deffo be updating the edge card then.
biggrin.gif

PS. I did try the ikureader on the ds lite but hated it.

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the "cure" is to wait until people figure out native 3DS homebrew, and then wait until someone ports DSLibris. It's open source, so I'm sure a port will happen fairly quickly after it becomes possible. Otherwise, unless there's an officially-licensed 3DS ebook reader (unlikely but possible), there's no way around it.

It's really not bad at all, though. I tried to take a picture for you but my cell phone camera can't get a clean shot.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ultimatt42 said:
Well, the "cure" is to wait until people figure out native 3DS homebrew, and then wait until someone ports DSLibris. It's open source, so I'm sure a port will happen fairly quickly after it becomes possible. Otherwise, unless there's an officially-licensed 3DS ebook reader (unlikely but possible), there's no way around it.

It's really not bad at all, though. I tried to take a picture for you but my cell phone camera can't get a clean shot.
Do you think that will happen though as it is no longer supported? I mean I realise it is open source but I have no idea how popular it is. I always just assumed it was ageing weirdos like me that used it and normal people played games.
ninja.gif

Thanks everyone for the info anyway. I just wish Nintendo would bring it out in a nice girlie colour (burgundy!!!!!!!) before I go and buy one.

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
ultimatt42 said:

Do you think that will happen though as it is no longer supported? I mean I realise it is open source but I have no idea how popular it is. I always just assumed it was ageing weirdos like me that used it and normal people played games.
ninja.gif

Thanks everyone for the info anyway. I just wish Nintendo would bring it out in a nice girlie colour (burgundy!!!!!!!) before I go and buy one.

Nah, there are plenty of people who would love to see the 3DS do more than just play games. I'm sure someone will pick it up even if the original devs have abandoned it. The port will probably be pretty easy anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls