Hacking DSL loose touch screen - how I fixed mine

Topsy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayout suggested I post this information in a thread of its own (I posted it originally elsewhere). Take the info for what it's worth and I'm sure a lot of people won't feel the need to do this if their screen is loose - it just kinda drove me mad so I did something about it. I didn't want to return my DSL cause everything else worked great... Anyhow, here's a repost below:

=====================================

Well if anyone does this... you're on your own. This is just how I fixed mine and I'm very happy with it now.

You need a thin piece of plastic that is slightly thicker than the space between the touch screens edge and the DSL's case.

2094poi.jpg

I used a card protector, but you should be able to find something that works.

2094qe1.jpg

I cut off a SMALL thin strip like this:

2094s8x.jpg

and then used a pair of tweezers to push it into that space. Work the piece in length ways _____ paralell to the space. If you can go around the corner all the better.

2094tar.jpg

Push the piece in as far as you can and then push the rest in with another piece of plastic or your finger... whatever. It should end up flush with the top of the screen or just below it.

20964k9.jpg

Once the plastic "shim" is in, it should cushion the touch screen, wedge it into place, & be invisible to the eye. No more "clicking" sound when you touch the touch screen and it should feel very solid now (no movement in screen).

I personally hated the "click, click" sound when you would touch it with your thumb in games like Viewtiful Joe... My other 2 DSLs didn't do it. The touch screen on this one would "click and move slightly on each touch - so above is how I fixed mine. BTW, it was the bottom right corner on my DSL's touch screen.

Goodluck if you try it.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol