DSL Battery time very short - could my DSTT be the culprit?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by turkledog, Sep 11, 2009.

1. turkledog
    OP

turkledog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    Hi, I recently bought a reconditioned Nintendo DSL, hadn't ever been used or whatsoever.

I also bought a DSTT card and it works perfectly. The thing is, if I start playing when fully charged, the battery indicator will turn red after approximately 40 minutes - 1 hour. Does this have anything to do with the DSTT or should I have the battery replaced?

When I bought the DSL the seller had charged the battery a little just to show me that the console was working and I didn't fully charge the battery when I got home. This might be the other reason.

Or maybe it's just a bad stock battery.

What do you guys think?

2. benjaminlibl

benjaminlibl Funky Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
    It's your battery, most likely. I haven't heard of DSTTs having this problem before.

3. turkledog
    OP

turkledog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    Hmm. Okay. Thanks! [​IMG]

I have another theory as well, do you think the unofficial charger that went along with the box could be somewhat responsible for the battery being weak?

I want to know since it would be wise to buy a new charger before getting a new battery as well.

4. zuron7

zuron7 RBYG

Apr 6, 2009
    India
    GPS not available in this area
    Unofficial chargers should have no effect.
    Though it is better to have an official charger

5. DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Using a flash cart does increase the power drain on the DS but not that much. I get around 15 hours without it, 10 with it. The only problems I've heard of with 3rd party chargers was them damaging the port you plug them into. I would say its a faulty battery though if you contact Nintendo, they will blame anything 3rd party before their own hardware. Of course, maybe you have some shitty 3rd party battery as well as a charger.

6. The_JetSetBeat

The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2009
    United States
    Your estimate suggests a 33% decrease in battery life using a flash cart. I wouldn't consider that "not that much". In fact, that's a rather significant amount.

7. DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    But "not that much", I was referring to the 1 hour battery mentioned in the first post.