Hacking DsiXL only recognizes the cart 10% of the time.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes 5-15 tries to get it to load the Danny Phantom game, any suggestions on how to make it work from boot?

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was your cart bought recently? I got mine in yesterday (HW81) and haven't had any issues on my XL. Was kinda surprised since I see people, like you, still having issues with bad contact.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, try the paper trick. It seems like the card slot on the DSiXL is fractionally looser than on other systems, causing problems for the acekard.

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paper trick is a massive fail. the tape trick works perfectly though. im using duct tape and it works like a champ, going from paper, cardstock as well as others it failed a lot.... turns out you can pop it on the back and it works well too.

HNI_0057.JPG

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy you got it working. Sucks that these cards have such problems. Very happy mine worked without issue. :hoping I didnt just jinks myself:

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cart worked like 50% of the time on the dsi now that i have the xl i had to do the duct tape mod but thankfully it works perfectly but i may want to find a tape that isnt as soft. i see it coming off over time which wont be a big deal but ya know

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
I concur. DSXL takes more tries than DSi.

Oh well.

I blame AKAIO. those fuckers can't make an operating system

You sir (or madam) are an idiot. The problems people have with the XL are related to contact issues, NOT software. Its been talked about 100 times on this forum and most have come to that conclusion.

Also, until you start making free firmware updates for a cart that has all but been abandoned by its manufacturer (updatet-wise), I suggest your keep your cocky comments to yourself.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gumbyx84 said:
Smiths said:

Oh well.

You sir (or madam) are an idiot. The problems people have with the XL are related to contact issues, NOT software. Its been talked about 100 times on this forum and most have come to that conclusion.

Also, until you start making free firmware updates for a cart that has all but been abandoned by its manufacturer (updatet-wise), I suggest your keep your cocky comments to yourself.
LOL.

You really don't know who Smiths is do you?

That really is the ultimate fail.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
gumbyx84 said:
Smiths said:

Oh well.

LOL.

Exactly

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
tk_saturn said:
gumbyx84 said:
Smiths said:

Oh well.

LOL.

Exactly

xD that was so funny i fell out of my chair

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone going to tell me what I did that was so funny or am I just going to be pissed you are all laughing at me?

Edit: did my own research. So he has the right to complain. : shrugs: How the heck was I supposed to know he was part of AKAIO project?

Also, I'm a programmer by hobby, education, and now profession. I get pissed when people attack the developers, so when I see it happen I kinda snap.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Anyone going to tell me what I did that was so funny or am I just going to be pissed you are all laughing at me?

Edit: did my own research. So he has the right to complain. : shrugs: How the heck was I supposed to know he was part of AKAIO project?

Also, I'm a programmer by hobby, education, and now profession. I get pissed when people attack the developers, so when I see it happen I kinda snap.

it's okay.

that was awesome though.

good on you to reply back though
smile.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even think of medical tape. You might have to do multiple layers to get the thickness right though. Still recommend putting a piece of cardstock under the tape to "pad" it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse