Gaming dsiware will be free before it gets close?

eduall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, is there a way for nintendo put all prices "free" before the server shutdown?
:cry: i wanna try "Photo DOjo" on my Dsi but dont have credit card for buy it :(

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, there's no chance they will just give the games out for free. Maybe put them on sale, but no way they will end up free.
If you want free DSi games, get a hacked 3DS and install them through freeShop

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They will be lost forever once the DSi shop goes down.
Nintendo doesn't care about preservation, they only care about the profits.
I'm surprised the DSi shop actually held out this long (on the DSi that is)
I've expected it to shut down 2/3 years ago already when the 3DS was selling like hotcakes.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've expected it to shut down 2/3 years ago already when the 3DS was selling like hotcakes.
i was expecting it to close when they annouce the shut down of nintendo servers...
but i guess they don't want to turn off the money receive box

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i was expecting it to close when they annouce the shut down of nintendo servers...
but i guess they don't want to turn off the money receive box

I thought the Wii Shop would've survive longer then the DSi shop but eh.
Nintendo works in strange ways...

Reactions: XxShalevElimelechxX

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I had no idea they were closing down the DSi shop. Does this mean that it will no longer be possible to install sudokuhax even with TWLtool, since we can no longer install exploitable DSiware?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow, I had no idea they were closing down the DSi shop. Does this mean that it will no longer be possible to install sudokuhax even with TWLtool, since we can no longer install exploitable DSiware?
Yes, and that might be a good thing. For now hackers didn't really explore the possibility of connecting the NAND to MMC readers (since it's eMMC memory anyways) and dumping keys that way since they had more convenient entry points - this might prompt them to actually hack the system.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You have 2 options to get the DSiware you want before the server goes down.
1. Buy a Nintendo points card
2. Hack your DSi and pirate games if you're ok with that (which it seems a lot of people are these days).

I don't think people can bring it back like they did with DLC and online gameplay with things like MkWii because most DSiWare costs real money.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and that might be a good thing. For now hackers didn't really explore the possibility of connecting the NAND to MMC readers (since it's eMMC memory anyways) and dumping keys that way since they had more convenient entry points - this might prompt them to actually hack the system.

True, but I'm scared that the DSi will get ignored in favor of the 3DS and possibly the NX.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
True, but I'm scared that the DSi will get ignored in favor of the 3DS and possibly the NX.
The DSi Mode is the same on the 3DS, so it's not that big if a deal. My point is that eMMC-to-USB adapters could be easily fabricated - all you need is a reader, some flex cable and a tiny caddy to piggyback on the chip, but nobody seems to care despite the fact that those who tried it have seen success in reading the chip's contents.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how long the eShop will stay up for. Or does the eShop work in a different way so it will stay up forever?
I mean, if it goes down, how will we download our digital games we bought??
Offtopic, but kinda curious

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame once it shuts down too since there are games that are exclusive on there and once it's down its gone forever. This is one of the few reasons I can side with piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs