OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
ds.gif
DSiWare Exploit Sudokuhax
Homebrew on DSi, no flashcart
01_news_image_dsi.png

Team Twiizers have just posted a DSi mode DSiWare exploit. It loads NDS binaries directly from the internal SD card slot. The exploit uses Sudoku by EA, which is only available for regions USA and EUR/AU.

Update: The Sudoku game has now been removed from the DSi Shop.

QUOTE said:
As you may remember we started looking at the DSi about two years ago. Despite some early attempts using savegame hacks for hybrid card games we eventually resorted to more complex attacks that involved soldering many wires to tiny points on the PCB to be able to trace and modify the RAM. However, doing this is not feasible for the average homebrew user so we used the knowledge we gained through these complicated attacks to get more information about the whole system which allowed us to experiment with DSiWare games in the end. We also learned how to create savegames so we can now do what we did three years ago with the Wii: Savegame hacks!

RupeeClock said:
[*]You copy the game from DSi to SD card.[*]You take the game off the SD card, and patch it on your computer.[*]Then you copy the hacked game from SD to DSi, and load it as normal.[*]And remember to have a boot.nds on the SD card.

icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Video
download.gif
Download

Contributed by SifJar

D

Deleted User

Epic news, finally an exploit which doesn't cost much money and loads without any special game

DSIware incoming?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
All this does is say 'Hello World!' ?
rofl2.gif

Waiting 'till we can make use of this.
tongue.gif
It can load ANY .NDS homebrew file. (No FAT support yet AFAIK, but I believe its coming. Homebrew will need recompiled for it).

D

Deleted User

Fear Zoa said:
I almost wish they wouldn't have said anything...It might have worked on the 3ds
It would only run dsimode, but we want 3ds mode!!

QUOTE(digipokemaster @ Jan 27 2011, 08:00 PM) so is any other dsiware games going to be add on?
now they know how, they just need to find more exploits

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
TheTwoR's said:
rofl2.gif

tongue.gif
It can load ANY .NDS homebrew file. (No FAT support yet AFAIK, but I believe its coming. Homebrew will need recompiled for it).
So, if it can launch NDS files, If its looked into, We could later possibly launch regular nds roms through dsiware games? or lolno

D

Deleted User

AndroidDem0man said:
SifJar said:
TheTwoR's said:
rofl2.gif

tongue.gif
So, if it can launch NDS files, If its looked into, We could later possibly launch regular nds roms through dsiware games? or lolno

"Hopes for dsiware homebrew channel with backuploader and dsirom support"

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ollepoll said:
AndroidDem0man said:
SifJar said:
TheTwoR's said:
rofl2.gif

tongue.gif

"Hopes for dsiware homebrew channel with backuploader and dsirom support"
"Hopes for everything in the above quote and a wad manager like thing to install dsiware games"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too