Hacking DSiWare emunand to sysnand

Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello, I recently purchased a game on the eshop on the emunand after downloading 2.0b2 but i didn't know about ds games not working in gateway mode. Now since the game is on the emunand it can't be seen or used on sysnand. Is there anyway I can transfer my dsiware game to sysnand at all? I tried saving it to the sd card and copying it to sysnand but the 3ds doesn't let me.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WOW, just as i wanted to start the very same thread i have seen yours, and nope i guess there wont be an option for that.
I just hope somebody comes up with another idea (not sure which one tho)

So i just get in row for the request xD

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I am glad when I see people trying to stay on a low fw version and have trouble.

Pip'

The hate is strong in this one, this one is posting the same post in all threads. Are you on a higher firmware than 4.5 and it makes you sad seeing people on lower firmware?

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transferring that is impossible, why do you need to run the clashcart in the same nand the DSi game was downloaded?

you should be able to run DS cards in classic mode if that flashcart supports the firmware version of the emunand partition.

EDIT: i was curious and tried with mine. put the GW blue card in sysnand 4.5 and ran emunand 4.5 (classic mode). the DS cart shows up in the icon but didnt want run the game. Try and tell us

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The hate is strong in this one, this one is posting the same post in all threads. Are you on a higher firmware than 4.5 and it makes you sad seeing people on lower firmware?
i guess it´s better not to feed the trolls, nothing usefull in it anyways, fact aside that nintendo did nothing about the way the 3ds- or dsiware works when updating, so the firmware doesnt have that much to do with that, rendering Pip´s argument useless anyways.

transferring that is impossible, why do you need to run the clashcart in the same nand the DSi game was downloaded?

you should be able to run DS cards in classic mode if that flashcart supports the firmware version of the emunand partition.

EDIT: i was curious and tried with mine. put the GW blue card in sysnand 4.5 and ran emunand 4.5 (classic mode). the DS cart shows up in the icon but didnt want run the game. Try and tell us

This thread is about DSi-Ware bought on the e-shop, it seems to result in a blackscreen when started from emuNand and doesnt appear on sysNand at all, probably the reason it doesnt start in the first place (i can imagine it´s a new bug introduced with GW2.0)

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess DS Mode stuff doesn't work at all because the kernel is realoaded and the nand-to-sd redirection is done patching the kernel... DS(i) mode uses TWL FIRM while 3ds mode uses NATIVE FIRM. Since after the reload the redirection is gone, it can't find the game it was asked to load in the REAL nand, and it hangs. Or in the case of a DS(i) gamecard/flashcard, it probably can't find the corresponding DS Card Whitelist (the data used to detect flashcards) or something else in the real nand, and so it hangs too. I don't think this can be fixed (at least for the DSiWare), because DSiWare games are hardcoded to look for their game data in the real nand. There's no asking any kernel where the files are located. But they could (I guess) redirect the DS Card whitelist and other stuff needed for game/flashcards to work, since the twl firm (I think) loads them directly.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess DS Mode stuff doesn't work at all because the kernel is realoaded and the nand-to-sd redirection is done patching the kernel... DS(i) mode uses TWL FIRM while 3ds mode uses NATIVE FIRM. Since after the reload the redirection is gone, it can't find the game it was asked to load in the REAL nand, and it hangs. Or in the case of a DS(i) gamecard/flashcard, it probably can't find the corresponding DS Card Whitelist (the data used to detect flashcards) or something else in the real nand, and so it hangs too. I don't think this can be fixed (at least for the DSiWare), because DSiWare games are hardcoded to look for their game data in the real nand. There's no asking any kernel where the files are located. But they could (I guess) redirect the DS Card whitelist and other stuff needed for game/flashcards to work, since the twl firm (I think) loads them directly.

So i guess my 3€ in the e-shop are gone for good, at least i picked some cheap titles to get that out, i guess i will just have to buy a cheap used DSi to play Art Style then xD
Thx for giving things some detail^^

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You can access E-Shop, all you need to do is update your Emunand to 7.1.0 -16E latest Firmware and it should work all OK I don't know about DSi Ware downloading though I have not tried it myself but if you can access E-Shop I don't see why not, all it should do is save the game to your Emunand home page the same way I would of thought that system firmware E-Shop would do. Does E-Shop not work the same in Emunand the same as it would on system firmware? Maybe someone else knows more about it that can help I have never tried it myself?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ds/dsi/gba games will not run in emunand even if its run from a cart, the mode that runs them is broken in emunand, so if you buy/download the games from eshop in emunand,they wont work in either emunand (due to DS mode being broken) or sysnand (because the license to play them is missing from the nand)

so unless you had the game/games already downloaded from when 4.x was the latest firmware you will be unable to play eshop dsi games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/