Hacking DSIware downgrade with no NNID on source o3DS

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys.... apologies in advance for the noob questions.

I dug my o3DS out of a cupboard the other day when I read about CFWs, and was pleased to find it was on v7. I used the superb Plailect guide to A9LH installed.

I'm looking to use the DSIware downgrade on my son's o3DS which is running v11.

My o3DS (source) doesn't currently, and has never had, an NNID on it.
My son's o3DS (target) has an NNID.

My questions are:

• Can I buy field runners on the source o3DS without an NNID?
  • Do I need an NNID on the source o3DS AT ALL, to complete the DSIware downgrade?
  • If I do not need an NNID on the source o3DS, is the source affected in any way after I do the system transfer and DSIware downgrade on the target o3DS (could I if i wished, create an NNID on the source after the process without issue)
  • If I didn't need to create an NNID on the source, could I use the source o3DS to do another DSIware downgrade on another o3DS system a week later (7 day system transfer time limit)

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Many thanks

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
No NNID is needed on either console, however you need to reformat the target 3DS as there can be no NNID on it for the System Transfer to work.

Reactions: MrGimper

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys.... apologies in advance for the noob questions.

I dug my o3DS out of a cupboard the other day when I read about CFWs, and was pleased to find it was on v7. I used the superb Plailect guide to A9LH installed.

I'm looking to use the DSIware downgrade on my son's o3DS which is running v11.

My o3DS (source) doesn't currently, and has never had, an NNID on it.
My son's o3DS (target) has an NNID.

My questions are:

• Can I buy field runners on the source o3DS without an NNID?
  • Do I need an NNID on the source o3DS AT ALL, to complete the DSIware downgrade?
  • If I do not need an NNID on the source o3DS, is the source affected in any way after I do the system transfer and DSIware downgrade on the target o3DS (could I if i wished, create an NNID on the source after the process without issue)
  • If I didn't need to create an NNID on the source, could I use the source o3DS to do another DSIware downgrade on another o3DS system a week later (7 day system transfer time limit)

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Many thanks
You can downgrade if both 3ds are on same region.

You don't need to buy field runner if you have a al9h 3ds you can get the field runner from google just install the .cia & it should do the work for you.
If the tutorial says you NNID to downgrade then yes you need. If not then no!

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No NNID is needed on either console, however you need to reformat the target 3DS as there can be no NNID on it for the System Transfer to work.

Thanks for your reply.

So from the look of the DSIware download process, the only issue was that the NNID on the source o3DS gets stuck on the target o3DS, and you have to call Nintendo or transfer back after 7 days. I know it sounds obvious, but if I have no NNID on the source o3DS to begin with, then this is a non-issue.

You don't need to buy field runner if you have a al9h 3ds you can get the field runner from google just install the .cia & it should do the work for you.

Thanks. The tutorial didn't mention either way, just what would happen if you had an NNID already, hence asking for clarification.

Also the tutorial says you needs to purchase field runner and not use a dodgy copy as it wouldn't transfer via the system transfer. Is that now not the case?

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thanks for your reply.

So from the look of the DSIware download process, the only issue was that the NNID on the source o3DS gets stuck on the target o3DS, and you have to call Nintendo or transfer back after 7 days. I know it sounds obvious, but if I have no NNID on the source o3DS to begin with, then this is a non-issue.

Thanks. The tutorial didn't mention either way, just what would happen if you had an NNID already, hence asking for clarification.

Also the tutorial says you needs to purchase field runner and not use a dodgy copy as it wouldn't transfer via the system transfer. Is that now not the case?
Well cia works the same as original but I didn't thought you need original one for it.

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your reply.

Install Field Runners Cia on source 3ds make a Nand Backup from Source 3ds Save the Nintendo3ds folder from Source 3ds systemtransfer than restore nand Backup and put the Nintendo3ds Folder on your Source Power on source 3ds Go to System Settings Dsiware and copy fieldrunners to SD Card. Eject Sd. Insert SD on Target 3ds go to System Settings on Target ds and copy fieldrunners from SD to System.

Use Fieldrunners on target SD for Downgrade Native_Firm.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply.

You need to buy it from the eShop, a pirated copy won't work.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Don't listen to this idiot, you need buy fieldrunners for the system transfer to work. If you messed up the system transfer you have to wait 7 days to do it again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Install Field Runners Cia on source 3ds make a Nand Backup from Source 3ds Save the Nintendo3ds folder from Source 3ds systemtransfer than restore nand Backup and put the Nintendo3ds Folder on your Source Power on source 3ds Go to System Settings Dsiware and copy fieldrunners to SD Card. Eject Sd. Insert SD on Target 3ds go to System Settings on Target ds and copy fieldrunners from SD to System.

Use Fieldrunners on target SD for Downgrade Native_Firm.

You can't use a pirated fieldrunner cia to transfer. It won't work and will get deleted during the transfer process. You have to buy the game.

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, there seems to be some conflicting info regarding buying field runner and now what "Stoned" has suggested..... :(

I don't want to appear rude, but I'd like a working solution, not guesswork. Hope that's appreciated.

Last edited by MrGimper,

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you read plailect guide on dsidowngrade he specifically says you have to purchase fieldrunners from the eshop on the source 3ds (hacked). It's only $5, and well worth it

Thanks, I suspected that was the case, but things moved quickly so wasn't 100% sure if things had changed.

If I buy it on my hacked o3DS that doesn't have an NNID, will field runners remain available on the source? Or when I do the transfer and complete the hack on the target o3DS (putting back it's NNID), will that stop field runners work source o3DS.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I suspected that was the case, but things moved quickly so wasn't 100% sure if things had changed.

If I buy it on my hacked o3DS that doesn't have an NNID, will field runners remain available on the source? Or when I do the transfer and complete the hack on the target o3DS (putting back it's NNID), will that stop field runners work source o3DS.

Yes, you can buy fieldrunners on a 3ds without nnid and still be able to transfer successfully to the vanilla 11.0 3ds. When th transfer is complete the hack 3ds will no longer have fieldrunners since it is now in the other 3ds. Just read plailect guide in dsidowngrade and you will understand, no point in trying to explain it

Last edited by cooroxd,

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can buy fieldrunners on a 3ds without nnid and still be able to transfer successfully to the vanilla 11.0 3ds. When th transfer is complete the hack 3ds will no longer have fieldrunners since it is now in the other 3ds

Sorry, what I meant was after all the transfer/hack etc is complete, will I still have field runners on the source o3DS? OR will it only be available on the target o3DS (Can I still play it on the source and/or use it again a week later to transfer/hack another o3DS).

Really appreciating everyones help so far :bow:

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The source is gone after transfer. You have to wait a week to transfer it back to the source from the target (11.0). So the answer is NO

MrGimper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can do that

Awesome, many thanks. Sounds like I have a plan.

Buy field runners on source o3DS
Follow the guide for DSIware downgrade.
Buy field runners again on source o3DS
Follow the guide for DSIware downgrade on other sons o3DS (7 days later)

Thanks all for your help

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But I could just buy it again on the source?
You can but you still have to wait seven days to do any more transfers.

You definitely have to buy the game - during the system transfer the Nintendo servers are contacted and told that all games owned by console A will now be marked as owned by console B. The servers obviously have no record of console A owning any of the games it had pirated and consequently console B will not be marked as owning them after the transfer is complete.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan

Your same NNID will be on both console after transfer remove the NNID from one of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father