Hacking DSision2...

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
spinal your menu is frickin awesome. seen a vid posted in another section. cant wait for this thing. now this is what a flashcart menu should look like. i can donate a free EDGE to you if it helps you getting it to work on the EDGE. awesome work!

ShigeruTR

Trophies
Website
www.dijikent.com
XP
Country

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm sure I have mentioned this before but...

R4DS +Clones (including m3simply?), AK2 and TTDS should support commercial games, all other cards will be homebrew only.
However, a lot of card firmware is just a normal .nds file, so should be loadable through DSision.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
If you're able to run games with TTDS then there shouldn't be any problems with DSONE I think :/
I'm glad I'm getting an Acekard 2, this and menudo are going to be awesome when they are released
biggrin.gif

Thanks for spending your time making that spinal_cord!
smile.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'll let you guy's into a little secret, I'm making this mostly for me. As with a lot of coders, no matter what their skill level, I code things that I want myself, if other people want is, that's a bonus.

Currently I have it as the default menu on my TTDS, so it's reasonably stable, it just doesn't do everything its meant to yet, so I'm not releasing it for a little while, still no idea of a release date yet, sorry.

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Spinal, you should have kept it to yourself. Everyone's like; can you add this impossible feature, can you spend two more years of your time doing that impossible feature but give to us tommorow?

People need to understand, spinal is doing this because it interests him. Not for you, him. Don't beg for more features, you should be thankfull he is even thinknig about releasing it.

One question spinal, why make your own when you could by a m3 which has a nice enough gui already?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
gangsterboi said:
One question spinal, why make your own when you could by a m3 which has a nice enough gui already?

DSision v1 came about because the card I had at the time had a terrible menu, DSision v2 is an upgrade of the old version. I have not seen the m3 software, but I can only assume it looks nothing like DSision, besides, I'm making DSision myself, that's good enough isn't it?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This might actually revive the R4
smile.gif

Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I have a question. Will this boot automatically when you boot the flashcart (replacing the system files), or will you have to select the .nds file from your current GUI?
I guess you can choose - most flashcart loaders are just .nds files anyway.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Most cards have an autorun feature, usually involving renaming the file to default.nds or similar. I currently have it auto running on my TTDS, and R4DS. But if you like, you can load the .nds from you existing gui.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
So can you tell us when your releasing it?
Don't be asking for release dates. It just pisses off the developers.

So since the R4's game compatibility has gone down because of the lack of firmware updates, will you be able to update this to help compatibility? If the answer's yes, then I agree that the R4 can once again be a good flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.