Hacking DSision2...

Hiciano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone. I just purchased a R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS Cartridge to run backups. I want to use Dsision as my firmware/menu option. I followed the instructios and copied all required files on my SD memory Card's root.
When I turn my DS on, all I get is a Red Question Mark Sign with the word "Menu" Below? Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

aquafloe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Dsision to correctly display boxart and remember to display them, so I've been experimenting with other versions. I've noticed a few odd things between the builds, though. Does anyone know why the April build forgets to display boxart but can hide hidden files, and why the Feb build always show boxart but can't hide the hidden files? Thanks.

spn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm a newbbie about DSision... this homebrew is really cool...but I don't understand a strange thing:

I wish start the Layton theme, and see the boxart...
but evry restart the boxart check (in the settings section) vanish...

I've read the faq and I've found this:

QUOTE said:
DSision is not remembering my chosen theme settings / keeps reverting back to original !
This is a bit of a weird fault & it's not fully understandable why it happens. A quick fix is to copy a 'DSision.ini' file from an older version into the DSision folder

I've downloaded the ol DSision.ini file (and modified on my notepad)

[options]
theme=Layton
last_folder=
slideshow=1
light=2
boxart=1
showhidden=0
scrollspeed=1
last_file=

but the settings won't saves....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

can anyone help me???

thanks you

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Excuse me for being retarted or ignorant in anyway but:

will this work on dstwo?

does it boot straight to dsision on startup?

can i load homebrew like dstwo iplayer and ndsgba player?

Is there any possible way of creating plugins so say a .avi movie will load to iplayer when clicked on? (like moonshell plugins)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
will this work on dstwo?

does it boot straight to dsision on startup?

can i load homebrew like dstwo iplayer and ndsgba player?

Is there any possible way of creating plugins so say a .avi movie will load to iplayer when clicked on? (like moonshell plugins)
1. Probably
2. If the first question is true, then you can if you want.
3. No, those are plugins. Unless Spinal wants to pop open DSision2 again to add it (methinks it takes some redirecting, or just flat out porting the entire homebrew...if the SDK allowed for loading .plg files...which I believe it should...)
4. And no. No source code, you aren't going to see anything of the sort. Perhaps extlinks and the SNES emu (refer to answer 3 for the SNES emu)...if he decides to take the effort to add it.

Summary: Point is, unless it gets some major revamping, DSision2 is ONLY a homebrew loader for the DSTWO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.