Hacking DSision on TTDS HELP

00falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the DSision homebrew app and I want to put it on my ttds and what I need help is the step by step tutorial on how to put it on and to make it work

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
One thing you should note:
When trying to start up ROMS (you need YSMenu installed) with DSision2, you may find that Dsision2 will not work if you use a SDHC card - it seems mainly DSTT cards there's a problem with - however it will work with standard microSD card (up to 2Gb)

I believe 'Spinal' (the developer) is currently trying to figure out why

00falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok quick question when I put the DSision on the game card and when I start up the ds is the menu suppose to be the DSision menu or the TTDS menu? cause I keep getting the TTDS menu and then I have to click on the DSision app on the game card.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
00falcon said:
Ok quick question when I put the DSision on the game card and when I start up the ds is the menu suppose to be the DSision menu or the TTDS menu? cause I keep getting the TTDS menu and then I have to click on the DSision app on the game card.
It depends on how you set it all up
See Jester's link for installation on a DSTT (did you forget step 7 ??? about the 'ttmenu.dat' file)

You may not have a 'DSTT_version' folder (the latest build does have a 'ttmenu.dat' though) - copy that to the root of the flash card (overwriting the existing 'ttmenu.dat') & it should work

If you have a copy that doesn't have a 'ttmenu.dat' file, create a copy of 'Dsision_2.nds' & rename it to 'TTMENU.DAT' instead - & that should work as well

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
00falcon said:
Ok i re-did every step and all the only thing I got a problem is I don't have the DSISION.INI fileIf memory serves me right (I'm @ work so unable to check) - you don't need to worry about that.
It is automatically created when DSision is started up

I've looked @ an older version of DSision (Feb09) & all that's in the ini file is
QUOTE[options]
last_folder = /ds games
light = 1
theme = bigbangmini
So if you're that worried you can create the file yourself in Notepad, just remember to change the filename to DSISION.INI and not DSISION.TXT

00falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks kermit it worked fine but I really want it to automatically start the DSision without going to the regular ttds menu and selecting the DSision file. So is there a way to do that?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
00falcon said:
Thanks kermit it worked fine but I really want it to automatically start the DSision without going to the regular ttds menu and selecting the DSision file. So is there a way to do that?
The easiest way is rename 'DSision2.nds' to 'ttmenu.dat' if I remember right - although I thought that by replacing the original 'ttmenu.dat' with the 'ttmenu.dat' that come with DSision2 is suppose to do the job anyway
(just make a backup of the orginal 'ttmenu.dat' first)

Just to check though, you may have a version of DSision that DIDN'T come with a ttmenu.dat
- what version of Dsision are you using ?? the latest version is @ http://socoder.net/uploads/124/DSision2_26_April_09.rar

00falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the feb one, anyways I'm using the upsated verson from you now. My last problem is after the DSision automatically loads, and when I select a rom it is stuck on a white blank screen

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Are both screens white ?
Are you using a SDHC microSd card (4Gb/8Gb/16Gb) by any chance ?

If so then you're stuck I'm afraid - As mentioned before DSision doesn't seem to work with YSmenu on SDHC cards - especially on the DSTT (& equivalent) flashcard

Even Spinal_cord is having trouble on the DSTT & he's the one that's created DSision (You can see his combo @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=155410).
If you really want to use DSision - then I'm afraid you have to stick to a 2Gb MicroSD card (maximum) until Spinal can figure out what is wrong

Unfortunately - I'm in work (on night shift) @ the moment so can't check for any other possibilities since my DS is @ home

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OR you can use Moonshell2 method instead
yaynds.gif
looks cooler IMO and some Backround music when u turn in on
smileipb2.png

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Keeley said:
OR you can use Moonshell2 method instead
yaynds.gif
looks cooler IMO and some Backround music when u turn in on
smileipb2.png
It'll help him if you gave the link to the thread

Here it is - Commercial ROM loading using moonshell & YSmenu

In fact this is the method I currently using anyway
rofl2.gif
but as soon as 'DSision' works on SDHC (Or when 'MENUdo' is actually released) it may all change
unsure.gif
(Just wish I knew how to get rid of moonshells 'boot-screen')

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Keeley said:
what boot screen?What I'm talking about is the boot-up status screen that pop up
When starting up - Top screen turns black & shows status of boot (a load of white text), then it turns blue with Name of Moonshell Ver & 'Extension memory was not found' message [I've got a DSi which meant I don't have any Slot-2] I don't really mind the blue screen - just wished it didn't keep telling me there's no Extension memory,
While the bottom screen is white with two type of messages (one in japanese) stating 'An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file.....' - which is total poppycock since Moonshell actually works
- All I want is some way to disable these boot-up status screens.
I believe that Moonshell (1) had a 'global.ini' or 'moonshel.ini' file which could be altered to prevent the 'status screen' showing on startup (can't remember where I read that) - but Moonshell2 doesn't seem to have anything like that

QUOTE(Twoacross @ May 21 2009, 06:35 AM) Im having troubles getting cheats to work and will my old DSTT saves work ?
You can use cheats (I'm guessing that what you mean by getting cheats to work) but it's a 2-stage process
What need to be done is:-
1) Use DSision to select ROM
2) Press [A] to select/Start up ROM
3) STRAIGHT afterwards press and hold - this will prevent YSmenu from' Autorunning' the ROM
4) Use YSmenu to select the ROM you want to cheat on & select the cheats you want
5) Press [A] to run ROM

Made this video that may explain thing clearer

It is a bit of a nuisance doing 2-steps to cheat but unfortunately it's all down to how YSmenu starts-up.
I believe that on start-up it automatically reset 'cheat mode' on program initialisation, & there's no way DSision can pass on a 'I want to use cheat mode' message to YSmenu

AS for game DSTT SAV's - Old DSTT sav's should work OK, since when DSision uses YSMenu to run Commercial ROMS, YSMenu use the 'ttdldi.dat' & the 'ttpatch.dat' files to run them - & these files are extracted from the original DSTT firmware (I've had no trouble on my DSTTi card with game SAV's) so you are in fact using the original DSTT firmware to run ROMS.
If you are very worried that your SAV may get corrupted - I suggest create a backup of all of them & save them on you PC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol