Hacking DSidowngrade

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

Today I have tried to downgrade my N3DS XL. This is not my first time downgrading while using dsi method. Anyway, I was transfering my system from N3DS to N3DS XL. After transfering finished I couldn't transfer my Fieldrunners. I got an error saying something like there's no dsiware on sd card, please insert sd card with dsiware. After all, seems like system has been transfered, but fieldrunners weren't. What to do at this point?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Remove the SD Card from the source system as it will now be used in the target system." from here, which is also linked on Plailect's DSiware downgrade guide. You have to use the source system's SD card now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If your NNID got transferred you should be able to restore a backup onto the source console, then put the DSiWare on the SD card, then use that SD card in the target console, and it will recognise the Nintendo 3DS folder because of being a system transferred version of the source console, and you can move the DSiWare from the SD card to the system memory.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not sure if I managed to understand everything. So basically, in a week I should just transfer again? I.E. add hacked save to game and transfer it? Will it work even if my original account is already transfered to unhacked console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if I managed to understand everything. So basically, in a week I should just transfer again? I.E. add hacked save to game and transfer it? Will it work even if my original account is already transfered to unhacked console?
Did the NNID transfer or not? If it transferred, you can do what I said above. If you don't do it, you'd have to wait 14 days (7 days to transfer back to the source, 7 days to transfer again to the target). Unless you buy Fieldrunners again on the source. (Then 7)

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How do I check if NNID got transferred? If i'm not wrong, it should be transferred. Everything got transferred except Fieldrunners

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How do I check if NNID got transferred? If i'm not wrong, it should be transferred. Everything got transferred except Fieldrunners
It did transfer, only thing wrong was to copy Fieldrunners to NAND. If you have a NAND backup from right before the transfer on the source console, you can do as @Quantumcat says. Restore NAND, copy Fieldrunners with the hack to SD (via Data Management), put the SD card in the target console, and copy Fieldrunners to NAND. As easy as that.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, I have sysnand backup and I have restored nand backup. So I have on my hacked console fieldrunners, but I can't access eshop because my account got transfered to new console. Should I try to contact nintendo and ask them to reduce those 7 days?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pl
Yes, I have sysnand backup and I have restored nand backup. So I have on my hacked console fieldrunners, but I can't access eshop because my account got transfered to new console. Should I try to contact nintendo and ask them to reduce those 7 days?
Like I said, a backup from right before the transfer. Meaning you had Fieldrunners already installed in the NAND when you made the back up.

However, I think you could technically install Fieldrunners from CIA and copy it. Since both consoles now share the same Nintendo 3DS folder, you should be able to do this because the target console has already Fieldrunners installed, so no problem with trying a CIA in the source console.

For everything else, follow this troubleshooting. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting#ts_dsiware

Last edited by Olmectron,

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I made backup before transferring, so everything should be fine. Anyway should I try to contact nintendo to reduce those 7 days? Or it might be too risky?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made backup before transferring, so everything should be fine. Anyway should I try to contact nintendo to reduce those 7 days? Or it might be too risky?

If you have the backup you say you have, you don't have to call Nintendo at all! Because you can simply copy the hacked Fieldrunners to SD in source console, then from SD to NAND in target console!

However, if you wish to wait, that's okay. Have a good day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead