Homebrew DSi XL with 1.4.5E FW & R4i Gold 3DS issues

1985VV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A big friend lent me his 3DS and I´ve been playing with my R4i Gold 3DS without problems until I bought a new DS, because I never had one (my sister had, I am using her flashcart right now)

The problem is, while I updated the card´s files, downloaded from the webpage the sticker shows (r4i-gold.eu) it doesn´t seem to work on my new DSi XL, even though the flashcart displays support from the first DS to the 3DS), it shows this error message : An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to blah blah blah

I heard something about me needing to update a kernel, but AFAIK I already did when updating the files, what could have gone wrong? I´ve seen a few youtube videos about it and in one of them they solve the problem by sticking a piece of paper between the flashcart and the DSi XL reader, but I am scared of messing something up and stucking the paper inside, it does fit properly so I don´t think that´s the issue

Also, I know the scene for the DSi/XL isn´t as big as the 3DS one, but since I like the form factor and the screen much more than the latter, I´d like to know if following this process is worth doing: it wont let me publish it but it is dsi cfw dot guide
I´ve dealt with CFW´s a lot of times and I really liked them in other consoles (PSP, PS3...) but I don´t know what features does that unlock for me to use, emulating games, downloading things from the eShop maybe?

Thank you so much, I am new to the DS scene so sorry if I sound dumb, I´ve been really wanting to play several games since I was little and now that I have some time I want to learn further into about this system

See you!

EDIT: My flashcart looks like this: r4i-gold dot eu/images/R4I_3DS_CART dot jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1