DSi XL upper screen colors washed out

jaim097

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, my dsixl upper screen colors are completely washed out. They appear a bit warm and with some blue strip lines inteference (?)
I can't attach a link so i'll leave a .txt with a link for the video. I've already cleaned the screen ribbon cable pins and the port also. Nothing changed..

IMG_20220110_195450.jpgIMG_20220110_195546.jpgIMG_20220110_195457__01.jpg

Attachments

• video.txt
    82 bytes · Views: 50
Last edited by jaim097,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Try adjusting one of the two trimmer "screws" to the left of the battery behind the battery cover, one is for the top screen and the other is for the bottom screen. I haven't watched your video since it's too big for me to download, but that's most likely going to be the solution since you haven't mentioned trying it.

jaim097

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try adjusting one of the two trimmer "screws" to the left of the battery behind the battery cover, one is for the top screen and the other is for the bottom screen. I haven't watched your video since it's too big for me to download, but that's most likely going to be the solution since you haven't mentioned trying it.
Sorry, I also forgot to mention that. Already gave it a shot and still nothing. When i rotate it the colors stay the same

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you sure it's actually turning? It can be a bit tricky in my experience, you have to find just the right way to rotate it, and then look really closely to see if it actually turned. Besides that I don't think there's anything else I could suggest, it could be an issue with the screen itself too.

jaim097

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you sure it's actually turning? It can be a bit tricky in my experience, you have to find just the right way to rotate it, and then look really closely to see if it actually turned. Besides that I don't think there's anything else I could suggest, it could be an issue with the screen itself too.
It does something, the screen actually turns more white

jaim097

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could it be possible that the ribbon cable is folded in such way that it affects the signal?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could it be possible that the ribbon cable is folded in such way that it affects the signal?
It would be more likely that it's already torn, could be at a point where the way the cable is bent affects how well the broken lines let the signal through, but it wouldn't be something that's easier and cheaper to repair than replacing the entire screen. If that was the case you would likely be able to notice significant changes in what's displayed on the screen when moving the lid.

Looking at the pictures you attached now, the trimmers are most likely not actually the issue or at least only the flickering/interlacing part of it can be solved like this, from those pictures and especially the first one, it looks more like something was spilled on the screen. When those trimmers are not correctly adjusted, usually the colors look much more washed out but a white would still be a white, together with the flickering effect.

jaim097

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It would be more likely that it's already torn, could be at a point where the way the cable is bent affects how well the broken lines let the signal through, but it wouldn't be something that's easier and cheaper to repair than replacing the entire screen. If that was the case you would likely be able to notice significant changes in what's displayed on the screen when moving the lid.

Looking at the pictures you attached now, the trimmers are most likely not actually the issue or at least only the flickering/interlacing part of it can be solved like this, from those pictures and especially the first one, it looks more like something was spilled on the screen. When those trimmers are not correctly adjusted, usually the colors look much more washed out but a white would still be a white, together with the flickering effect.
Perhaps something was spilled. My cousin, who used my ds a lot, might've spilled something into it, probably. When he returned the ds it already came like this. I didn't even bother asking him what happened..
I'm going to remove the LCD screen and see if there is some visible damage on the cable itself.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Perhaps something was spilled. My cousin, who used my ds a lot, might've spilled something into it, probably. When he returned the ds it already came like this. I didn't even bother asking him what happened..
Well, that doesn't have to be the only cause, but it's very likely that the warm colors are still caused by some kind of internal damage in the screen, in the actual layers of the backlight and LCD.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.