Gaming DSi XL screen won't show ! ( help ! )

LoovelyFrog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello guys i am new here and this is my first thread in the forum. :nds:

I have been using NDSi XL for quite a while now ( i buy it at 2013 or so ). Yesterday i played my DSiXL like usual but when i tried to use my old card ( which is iEDGE which only support v1.4.3 DSi system ) just to see if i can update the iEdge firmware so that it can support my current version DSi System ( v1.4.5 ). I know that iEdge stopped to develop their firmware and i know its my own fault, But now my TOP and Lower screen ( touch screen's ) wont show anything !

The blue power indicator work just fine and when i charged my NDSi XL it work just fine ( sometimes it blinked ). When truned on, i can see a faint image of Nintendo Dsi starting screen and i can hear the background music that indicating the System is working just fine.

I tried to hard shutdown the system by turning on then pressed the power button for 5 second to turn it off, i also tried to use screwdriver to open up the case and tried to remove the battery and D-Pad (i see some thread in google someone saying becase of the D-pad ) but no luck, my screen still to dark to barely see anything. Ps. Also tried to blow the Card slot and SD card slot. ( no luck :mellow: )

If anyone maybe ever experienced this, can you help me by giving some solution or any techinican can tell me whats wrong or how it can be repaired ? Maybe i can do something without going to a service center ( that probably will cost alot :wtf: )

Thank you for your time, i still want to play Rune factory at my DSi and many other games. :wacko:
Please tell me if there is any mistake in the post. ( me nubbie ) :bow:

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Oh dunno...my Dsi after having 5/6 years of intense utilize, it's gone.

Try cleaning screen contacts or try with another battery or try to discharge fully the battery then recharge it...

LoovelyFrog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Oh dunno...my Dsi after having 5/6 years of intense utilize, it's gone.

Try cleaning screen contacts or try with another battery or try to discharge fully the battery then recharge it...

Thank you for your fast reply !
I read some post at another forum saying that maybe the system wrongly recognize the NDSi still in the sleep mode ( when the lid is closed ) because its all happend when i tried to use my old card and directly open the lid and pressed the power button ( well just maybe ).

but for now i will try to descharge fully the battery and see what it do..

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Thank you for your fast reply !
I read some post at another forum saying that maybe the system wrongly recognize the NDSi still in the sleep mode ( when the lid is closed ) because its all happend when i tried to use my old card and directly open the lid and pressed the power button ( well just maybe ).

but for now i will try to descharge fully the battery and see what it do..
Oh I hope you are gonna to fix it! :)

TIP: next time never use sleep mode :D

LoovelyFrog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Did you fix your Dsi XL buddy?
Until today.. Nope no luck hahaha
Tried to remove and reattached a few component hoping it might reset the system somehow, nothing change and system seems working just fine just the lcd wont show anything ( too dark to see anything )

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These 2 screws just inside the battery compartment adjust the brightness of the top and bottom screens, 1 x screw is for top screen, 1 x screw is for bottom screen, if you have the console switched on, gently turn the screw slowly and see if it makes any difference to your screens.
DSI_XL.jpg

It probably won't fix the problem because it sounds more software related but it's worth a try and won't damage anything, you don't even need to take the system apart to do it, just remove the battery cover.

LoovelyFrog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
These 2 screws just inside the battery compartment adjust the brightness of the top and bottom screens, 1 x screw is for top screen, 1 x screw is for bottom screen, if you have the console switched on, gently turn the screw slowly and see if it makes any difference to your screens.
DSI_XL.jpg

It probably won't fix the problem because it sounds more software related but it's worth a try and won't damage anything, you don't even need to take the system apart to do it, just remove the battery cover.
Thank you for your reply,
I tried to turn it around while the system on and see what it does,
And yep my screen still just a bkack blank screen

LoovelyFrog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Update :
Today i visited some service places in the city ( not nintendo official ) and checked my NDSi XL and there is some good things and bad things :
Good things first, i now know the source of the problem ( i ask the employee ) they said its because i am using the iEDGE card( which is outdated ) and it damaged the system and resulting the lcd to stay dark. By seeing how he answered it looks like its not the first time this occur.
And the bad things is every service store i visited say the same things and they can't help my dsi, one say i must change the lcd into a new one but it would cost alot.. I mean really alot. ( this is because right now i am staying at Taiwan where the dsi system and part coming from Japan while my dsi is Usa system. They said if they use the japanese system lcd they wouldnt be sure if it will work ).

But i still really hope someone could give me a solution or maybe bring some magic to revive my NDSi XL. ( i do consider to buy a new nintendo 3ds xl, but Taiwan man.. Taiwan only sell system from japan which is new nintendo 3ds LL with japanese system and only can play games with japanese version, and well i cant even read a word )

Conclusion : i am still waiting for any heroes to share their experience or solution, also may any other person suffered this ( it must be sucks ) to be helped and find solution here.
ps : Better buy the original game copy, its cost more but it may save your system life

yup tried to do cpr on my dsi a few times, andddd.. nope still unconscious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16