Dsi xl not working with the DSTWO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by jwmghf, Aug 19, 2012.

Aug 19, 2012
  1. jwmghf
    OP

Newcomer jwmghf Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys:

I can't seem to get this dsi working with my DSTWO. I'm sure it's me and not the DSTWO.

Here's what I've done:

I am at System Update 1.4.1U

(I did have an AceKard 2i in this prior to this. I still have the ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ icon on the screen. That's what I am using to access the DSTWO.)

Formatted the micro sd using the Panny sdformatter, full erase with size enabled.
    Ran the latest updates from the top of the page of the tutorial here (on a DS Lite.)
    put the follow directories and files on the root of the micro sd:

Directories:

_dstwo (I changed this folder out with the Patch from the top of the tut page.)
    _dstwoplug
    Games (I copy and pasted all the roms and theirs .sav's to this folder. I did notice that when I clicked on a game to try to open it, it creates a .dtc file. Don't know why?)

Mame
    moonshl2

Separate files:

ds2boot.dat
    dstwo-2
    autorun.inf ---> ( I didn't put that on it )

I turn it on and I hit the Icon for the games and I get, "It's time to go beyond DS" . I hit the games folder and all the games show up as little icons that I can't see the whole name of the games??? When I touch any of the games the top screen go dark and it shows a loading screen... ...
    And that's it, it just freezes on the loading screen.

Any ideas would be gr8!!!!!

Thanks

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    What specific games are you trying to launch?

3. jwmghf
    OP

United States
    Hey Terminator2:

Thanks for looking. I got it going. My backups got currupted somehow while I was transferring them over from a micro sd that was in an AceKard 2i. I have some of them saved on my computer and when I sent them over to the DSTWO they worked fine. I lost about 50 backups though. Kind of a bummer. As T2 would say... He'll live.

4. Kitanode

Newcomer Kitanode Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Having had the dsixl since launch i've had to overcome practically anything that could go wrong with the ds2. What i've noticed in regards to your type of problem is that the slot on the dsixl is definetly a slightly different size or shape from the dslite/phat.
    It can take many attempts of pushing the cart in and out to finally get the dsixl to work properly.

What i find helps is to wrap some sellotape round the cart once or maybe twice and this will stop the cart moving and fractionally losing contact with the pins in the slot.
    Also if you can, try and leave the ds2 in the slot at all times and only remove the sd card whenever you need to move games or files on and off the cart.

1 person likes this.
  5. jwmghf
    OP

United States
    Noted kitanode. I will do so if I have trouble again.

Thanks