Homebrew DSi XL - NO hackable software installed (including flipnote studio). what are my options?

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just recently picked up a DSi XL and noticed its on the latest Update (1.4.5U). No software is installed on it, not even flipnote studio.

I do however, have a hacked 3ds and hacked DSi. Can I possibly use them to somehow hack the DSi XL?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I do. Apps that are installed are web browser, pictochat, ds download play, DSi shop, DSi sound, DSi camera, and settings.

i might be dreaming this. i remember someone in the scene saying once they might do a hack for the web browser for the DSi. of course this might be months, or even years.

i had to wait a year which felt like a decade for the flipnote exploit.

Reactions: THYPLEX

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
U can to try connect to eshop and look what apps U can to download from there. Exist a very little chance frst owner buyed somehing before an U can to redownload it

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U can to try connect to eshop and look what apps U can to download from there. Exist a very little chance frst owner buyed somehing before an U can to redownload it

I tried that and unfortunately nothing. But I did manage to trade it for one with flipnote installed. So I just did that and hacked away!

Reactions: AL_16 and Flame

cole36912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a comment for anyone viewing this thread in the future, I believe flipnote studio is stock on all xl/lls, if it is deleted, do a factory reset. Never mind.
Let's turn now to the software installed on Nintendo DSi XL. Nintendo DSi now comes with software such as Flipnote Studio7 and the Nintendo DSi Browser8 preinstalled but with Nintendo DSi XL, there are additional software. Could you tell us more about these, Kuwahara-san?
-"Iwata Asks" Interview 4, Chapter 5 on the old dsi website since I cant post links.

Last edited by cole36912,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a comment for anyone viewing this thread in the future, I believe flipnote studio is stock on all xl/lls, if it is deleted, do a factory reset.

-"Iwata Asks" Interview 4, Chapter 5 on the old dsi website since I cant post links.
I don't think a factory reset will bring back Flipnote.
A NAND dump would have to have a duplicate .app/.tmd/.tik of it stored somewhere, if that we're true.

cole36912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a factory reset will bring back Flipnote.
A NAND dump would have to have a duplicate .app/.tmd/.tik of it stored somewhere, if that we're true.
Oh well thats unfortunate, hopefully most people don't delete it for the sake of those trying to buy used.

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
After returning to the factory settings, you can try to reinstall the deleted content from Eshop, as previously purchased content in the store options.

I’ve downloaded Zelda 4 swords on one of the consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.