DSi XL just blinks charging light and won't turn on

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by codezer0, Aug 3, 2014.

1. codezer0
    OP

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    As the topic title says...

My google-fu isn't working very well in trying to figure out what would be the most likely thing(s) to cause this behavior, and thus not knowing what part(s) I need to get in order to repair it. I admittedly grew fond of playing the DSi XL with the DStwo, so I'd like to get it fixed again.

Can a fellow temper help point me in the right direction? :)

2. eggmanfat120

eggmanfat120 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2014
    Canada
    Hmm... That's weird, have you tried charging it to the max? Maybe you got some water inside the speaker by accident, making it not able to turn on... I'm not sure, It probably has something to do with the top screen, but I'm not 100% shure...

3. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Take the battery out for a minute and put it back in. If it still won't work then you will need a new battery.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    What worries me is that the system won't turn on at all - even if the battery is completely dead, it should technically work since it's plugged in. The fuse isn't broken because the light is flashing, so clearly the electricity is going through to the system. Huh. I agree with the suggestion above - take the battery out and see what happens. If you have a multimeter, check the charge on the battery itself as well.

5. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    I had the same problem with a Lite so I think it is a same thing. I also searched a bit to verify my answer for the DSi/XL and it remained a very plausible cause. I wish Nintendo had built them to be able to run purely off the charger when the battery fails. :ha: