DSi XL Digitisers - Any close to OEM?

JomasterII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, bit of a newbie question, but I'm planning on replacing the digitiser on the third (long story) second-hand DSi XL I've bought recently (Bottom screen's a bit scuffed up, but top screen didn't have any issues which is what's important) and I was wondering if you guys have any knowledge on where one could pick up some really good quality digitisers, ones that have a more glossy finish than the matte ones you usually see online.

JomasterII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update; decided to buy two from different sellers. I'm hoping that at least one of them is good. They were both labeled as 'Gloss' so...

Reactions: Flame

JomasterII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how much were they? i mean DSi are pretty cheap now days. couldnt you brought a new DSi?
XLs are bloody expensive nowadays, at least in Australia. The first one I bought was from Japan and that had some horrible image retention issues so I decided to spring for some domestic units that were about $50 a pop before postage; and that's on the lower end. Usually these things go for $100+ at your local Cashies or on eBay.
The digitisers were about $14 (after postage) for the first one off eBay and $6 (after postage and tax) from AliExpress. The Ali ones have arrived about a minute ago (good timing, postie) so I'll give those a squiz when I can.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
XLs are bloody expensive nowadays, at least in Australia. The first one I bought was from Japan and that had some horrible image retention issues so I decided to spring for some domestic units that were about $50 a pop before postage; and that's on the lower end. Usually these things go for $100+ at your local Cashies or on eBay.
The digitisers were about $14 (after postage) for the first one off eBay and $6 (after postage and tax) from AliExpress. The Ali ones have arrived about a minute ago (good timing, postie) so I'll give those a squiz when I can.

i should have used my mod tools. assumed you was from Europe or the States. but yes Australia is another story.

Reactions: JomasterII

JomasterII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: Worst case scenario. Not only is the digitiser matte, but after I switched the digitiser, the unit's not powering on anymore. Orange flashing light while charging, so I'm assuming I broke something relating to the power connector while constantly disassembling and reassembling the thing trying to get the digitiser looking right, and since I can't solder and don't have the money for a setup I'm a bit buggered. Blaaaargh. At least I did it on the one with the bad screens, so that's not too much of a loss. :v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol