Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi XL Coming To America in Early 2010

QUOTE said:
The extra-large, extra-priced DSi LL, unveiled in Japan early this morning, will be coming to North America and Europe in the first quarter of 2010, Nintendo tells Kotaku.

"A new iteration of the Nintendo DSi system will be introduced in Japan on November 21, 2009," according to a statement from Nintendo released to Kotaku. "To be known as Nintendo DSi LL in Japan, and as Nintendo DSi XL in North America and Europe, it will offer a screen 93% larger than the current Nintendo DS Lite with a better view angle, an additional longer touch screen stylus, and preinstalled Nintendo DSiWare software. The new version will arrive in North America and Europe in the first quarter of calendar year 2010."

No word yet on how much the DSi XL will sell for in North America, though the DSi LL will sell for ¥20,000 (US$220) in Japan.

Any takers?

Picture-51.jpg

Source:Kotaku

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Didn't people say games look weird on the DSi because it has slightly bigger screens? So this one will fix this problem or will games look even weirder?
I'm planning on buying a DSiXL since I was about to buy a DSi in a few months, and I kinda like the bigger screens, and I'll the my DSL when I'm out.

I just wish people will find a way to hack the DSiWare soon. >< (I don't work, I can't work, and I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to buy games all the time! Plus, retail games here in Israel are pricey as fuck)

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ouch! i'm just bought dsi last month and now the dsi XL will be out
frown.gif

anyway why no new function in this dsi? (like video viewer, etc)

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
me too i just got mine 3 months ago and now this came i would love the larger screens so if theres an exchange offer ill go for it but i find the curved edges and stylus ugly IMO

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is old news by the way. It's also coming to Europe in Q1 2010. It was announced by Nintendo of Europe shortly after the original DSi LL announcement. They're the ones who called it DSi XL as well.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
C175R said:
so is it XL and not LL like the one in JAPAN?
The Japanese one it called DSi LL, the European and American ones are called DSi XL.

Apparently in Japan LL has the same meaning as XL has in the rest of the world.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Nintendo has lost it's creativity naming their consoles.

Well its supposed to be DSi but bigger for the elderly. They want to keep a name people will know. "oooOO,DSi XL!" or something no one would understand.. especially elderly... "Whats that? The Exraton 2000 i XL..." Bad example but you know what I mean.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands