DSi XL and AK2i Not Booting

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tweeder, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Tweeder
    OP

Tweeder Member

Oct 20, 2004
    United States
    Gloucester City, NJ
    Alright, I'm sure it's something stupid my noob ass overlooked.... I even checked the forum and sifted through a few hundred posts....

But I can't get my new XL to boot. My XL has 1.4U on it. I tried installing both the new official firmware, and the "best" unofficial firmware.

It shows the card as AK2i on the DS menu, but when I boot it, it errors out.

Any idea's what I could be doing wrong?

2. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
  3. raptir

raptir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174529

You need to run that on a DSi with 1.3 or lower or a DS/Lite. If it's showing up as the AK2i, it means that you haven't run that update. The update spoofs the card to make it look like a game so that it will get around the flash cart block in firmware 1.4

4. Tweeder
    OP

Tweeder Member

Oct 20, 2004
    United States
    Gloucester City, NJ
    I will have one of each of your babies. Thank you, I have my old DS still too so I should be able to patch it. =)

5. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    Keep us posted if the fix worked. I am getting my DSi XL tomorrow and I also have an AceKard 2i so probably the same issue you had I will have as well so its good to know if it was easily fixed

6. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    It works, trust me. I have a DSi XL and an Acekard. I even updated (the DSi) online, it still works.

7. Tweeder
    OP

Tweeder Member

Oct 20, 2004
    United States
    Gloucester City, NJ
    Worked perfectly. You guys are awesome thanks!

Loving the DSi XL too. I know 93% or whatever doesn't sound like much, but to me it makes a big difference.