Gaming ? DSi WiFi module = BIOS Chip (region info) ?

eggsample

punahussy
OP
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
I'm wondering if the information about DSi region (USA/E/J) is stored in WiFi module.
If so: Could I swap USA WiFi to my European DSi console to make USA Korg-10 work on it?
If not: Where is region information stored? Which part of DSi has saved region info and BIOS and software version.

(I know that DS Lite WiFi module has stored default language setting and firmware data.)

I cant test DSi module because I haven't got USA or J console but I ordered faulty American DSi for tests. (Wainting for delivery
frown.gif

If anybody on this forum have knowlege about what I'm asking please post here.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ceteksretek said:
I'm wondering if the information about region (USA/E/J) is stored in WiFi module.
If so: Could I swap USA WiFi to my European DSi console to make USA Korg-10 work on it?
If not: Where is region information stored? Which part of DSi has saved region info and BIOS and software version.

I know that DS Lite WiFi module has stored default language setting and firmware data.)

I cant test DSi modulec because I haven't got USA or J console but I ordered faulty American DSi for tests.
If anybody on this forum have knowlege about what I'm asking please post here.
It's stored on the internal NAND. DSi security has not been hacked enough to modify NAND contents (at least, publicly) so you can't do anything.

eggsample

punahussy
OP
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
It's stored on the internal NAND. DSi security has not been hacked enough to modify NAND contents (at least, publicly) so you can't do anything.
I do not want to modify NAND data. I wish to know if the WiFi module has BIOS data (as DS Lite) and if so Is there information about region for DSi.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ceteksretek said:
QUOTE said:
I do not want to modify NAND data. I wish to know if the WiFi module has BIOS data (as DS Lite) and if so Is there information about region for DSi.
The DSi works in a completely different way from "normal" DSs, it's more similar to a Wii.
Region information is stored on the internal NAND, not in the WiFi module.

eggsample

punahussy
OP
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for clear answer.

Davi92 said:
The DSi works in a completely different way from "normal" DSs, it's more similar to a Wii.
Region information is stored on the internal NAND, not in the WiFi module.and
QUOTE(Davi92 @ Dec 5 2010, 02:55 AM) It's stored on the internal NAND. DSi security has not been hacked enough to modify NAND contents (at least, publicly) so you can't do anything.

Confirmed.
I've got DSi ntsc version now. I need to sell E dsi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all