Gaming DSi Wifi card not working/not making contact properly? Causing "An error has occured" screen.

Wooaw2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've recently been having problems with my DSi (Unlaunch, HiyaCFW). It was recently showing the "An error has occurred screen" when launching a game/app and sometimes not booting at all (screen black, flickers white for a second when home/power button is clicked.
However, when I bend my DSI's bottom half a certain way (forward pressure above ABXY, forward pressure to the bottom left of the power button. pressure is applied in a criss cross pattern, twisting the body slightly), it can boot and launch apps fine (online play and near-range play doesn't work). This has led me to believe that the WiFi card (I've read up on this) is not making proper contact and only does so when the DSi is bent in the way mentioned above.
Is there a fix for this? Will I have to buy a new WiFi card? Thanks in advance.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, I've recently been having problems with my DSi (Unlaunch, HiyaCFW). It was recently showing the "An error has occurred screen" when launching a game/app and sometimes not booting at all (screen black, flickers white for a second when home/power button is clicked.
However, when I bend my DSI's bottom half a certain way (forward pressure above ABXY, forward pressure to the bottom left of the power button. pressure is applied in a criss cross pattern, twisting the body slightly), it can boot and launch apps fine (online play and near-range play doesn't work). This has led me to believe that the WiFi card (I've read up on this) is not making proper contact and only does so when the DSi is bent in the way mentioned above.
First thing is to take it to surgery. You have pinpointed the problem, so it might be that the WiFi connector is loose.
Open it up, and test if the device fits snugly.

Reactions: banjo2

BillyTheCoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*huff* *puff* IS THE ERROR ERROR 003

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: