Hacking DSi ware purchase for solo downgrade method?

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw Plailtect posted that a method to downgrade solo without a second 3ds is going to be possible soon.. does anyone know if the target console is going to need one o the four DSiware games or what?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, from what I know you need an exploitable DSiWare game, because it will be released a homebrew to inject the hacked save into the game without an already hacked 3ds. Nintendo already took down Fieldrunners, so grab Legends of Exidia while you can (if you have an ambassador 3ds you can also redownload Zelda 4 Swords). In EUR shop LoE is still up, I don't know about USA (judging from your flag).
Also looks like this exploit will not work on 11.2, but only one 11.0 and 11.1, so better not to update your 3DS

Last edited by W4T4R1,

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, so OP still has a chance
Wait so the clean console needs the game for the solo method that is going to be released? Or just my CFW one? If I get it on my CFW one could I distribute it to other consoles?

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait so the clean console needs the game for the solo method that is going to be released? Or just my CFW one? If I get it on my CFW one could I distribute it to other consoles?
With the upcoming method you need the game on the clean console. If you buy it on the CFWed console you need to perform a System Transfer

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
From what we know that's out there (released 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer and unreleased slowhax), yes, you will need a dsiware game.

There is no telling, however, if 33c3 will provide something better than what we expect (like 32c3, holy shit).
I guess the question you need to ask yourself is: do I want to spend $8 now that may be totally unnecessary but guarantees me cfw later, or save $8 and risk getting nothing when only slowhax and musichax are revealed at 33c3.

If it was me I'd take my chances with the $8 insurance policy. Keep in mind that LoE is the only exploit game left and it could vanish any minute (and might not be replaced by a new dsi sploit any time soon).

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Gelums

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what we know that's out there (released 3ds_dsiwarehax_installer and unreleased slowhax), yes, you will need a dsiware game.

There is no telling, however, if 33c3 will provide something better than what we expect (like 32c3, holy shit).
I guess the question you need to ask yourself is: do I want to spend $8 now that may be totally unnecessary but guarantees me cfw later, or save $8 and risk getting nothing when only slowhax and musichax are revealed at 33c3.

If it was me I'd take my chances with the $8 insurance policy. Keep in mind that LoE is the only exploit game left and it could vanish any minute (and might not be replaced by a new dsi sploit any time soon).
Alright so I will purchase the DSi Ware games on my clean consoles not CFW one.. right? For the solo method. Just tryna make sure. :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Alright so I will purchase the DSi Ware games on my clean consoles not CFW one.. right? For the solo method. Just tryna make sure. :)
If you have a cfw console I don't see why you don't just use the two system method. No waiting time.
You install to the cfw one in that case. Just follow the guide.

Reactions: Gelums and fodder

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a cfw console I don't see why you don't just use the two system method. No waiting time.
You install to the cfw one in that case. Just follow the guide.
  • Download a legitimate copy of Steel Diver: Sub Wars (the game is free, but any copy of the game not from the eShop will not work) on the source 3DS
How could I do this step if the source 3DS is running 11.0.. don't I need to update to access eShop?

Last edited by Gelums,
Reactions: theedge

Gelums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the upcoming method you need the game on the clean console. If you buy it on the CFWed console you need to perform a System Transfer
I might do the system transfer method. Do you know if I do the transfer and retransfer, all my games and saves will stay the same? Doesn't that mean I will have the same NNIDs on two devices? After retransfer would I be able to do it again after the 2 weeks on another console? I have 5 N3DS 11.0 from black Friday I'm looking to do this on.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I might do the system transfer method. Do you know if I do the transfer and retransfer, all my games and saves will stay the same? Doesn't that mean I will have the same NNIDs on two devices? After retransfer would I be able to do it again after the 2 weeks on another console? I have 5 N3DS 11.0 from black Friday I'm looking to do this on.
So when you do the transfer yes both NNID's will be on both consoles but only the target 3ds will be able to use online services. Then in a week you transfer back to your original 3ds and it will be working as before the transfer. On the target 3ds make sure you log out of the NNID before you make your hourglass9 backup or you'll have to re-do the last page of palilect's guide (which isn't that bad), then log back in to your NNID and transfer back. Boom 2 hacked 3ds'.
And yes a week after that you can do the transfer again to another 3ds :)

Reactions: Gelums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.