• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,570
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted User

OP
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=32289

Right, so it's a DS Lite but with a wider screen and a camera. That's the only advantage I see to it now.

There is no way I am converting my entire music library to play on the DSi. Also, region locked means that they've made changes as to what game carts will be accepted (if true) - therefore they've probably disallowed Flashcart play
frown.gif

What do you guys think?

Civ2boss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at all the specs it seems to me the biggest thing announced about it is the DSWare or whatever they are calling the Game/App Store. Since the new one has internal storage + SD slot, will it be compatible with the DS Lite at all? Hopefully it is, or I'd be pissed. I just got my first DS about a month ago!

At least I think it won't really matter that much, they won't require the camera for any games (hopefully) and so we'll only be missing out if the downloadable games were not compatible. They probably will be anyway. So no real loss there.

Logically thinking it out suggest they won't make people regret buying a DS Lite, but then who knows!

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would highly doubt that nintendo would change their ds carts cause if you minus out the flash card group there still are tons of people(kids,parents,etc etc) that either own a ds or dslite, basically if they did such a thing you would pretty much piss off everyone......

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd question the worth of any game that requires the use of a camera, and any lame but optional extras that could possibly make use of it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Music? Don't need it, since it doesn't support FLAC, or at least mp3...... I don't use the shit that is Itunes, so no AAE whatever file support.
Internet looks promising, since it's actually different from the opera browser, or so I've heard.
The Camera is meh.

If it was actually cheaper, I maybe would've considered selling my current DSL and get the DSi, but since it's actually more expensive, no thanks.

Tri3dgE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only advantage of the DSi is the implication of a larger internal RAM and hardrive, which means all those "I want a GBA emulator for DS" dream of boys and girls *might* come true
rolleyes.gif

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Tri3dgE said:
Only advantage of the DSi is the implication of a larger internal RAM and hardrive, which means all those "I want a GBA emulator for DS" dream of boys and girls *might* come true
rolleyes.gif
The ds still wont have the processing power to emulate anythin gmuch better than a nes. Do even know what a hardrive is? Cause the dsi isnt gonna have one.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
Tri3dgE said:
rolleyes.gif
The ds still wont have the processing power to emulate anythin gmuch better than a nes. Do even know what a hardrive is? Cause the dsi isnt gonna have one.
pshh hard drive lol
And only if the CPU for the DSi is different than the DS, then a GBA emu might be true. but so far, NO.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Tri3dgE said:
rolleyes.gif
pshh hard drive lol
And only if the CPU for the DSi is different than the DS, then a GBA emu might be true. but so far, NO.
Its going to need a better CPU with all the stuff there putting into. DSiShop, apps, games, Internet Browser, Nintendo Zone. There going to need something to power it. Its sad that I don't think it can handle SDHC. It would sort of be like a harddrive. (How big can a DSiWare game be?)

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
psycoblaster said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Tri3dgE said:
rolleyes.gif
pshh hard drive lol
Its going to need a better CPU with all the stuff there putting into. DSiShop, apps, games, Internet Browser, Nintendo Zone. There going to need something to power it. Its sad that I don't think it can handle SDHC. It would sort of be like a harddrive. (How big can a DSiWare game be?)
Even though it has a better CPU and larger screens... the screen specs are still............ Down below. Only if the DSi has better graphics with more polygons per screen...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
By the way... To all the idiots acting superior and telling everybody off for talking about a DSi hard drive, I suggest you take a closer look at the specs.

QUOTE said:
About of the new DSi:
- No GBA Slot
- SD Slot
- Internal storage space
- Two built-in cameras (3MP & 0.3MP)
- Music player (seems like a built-in Play-Yan)
- Bigger screens
- Slightly thinner than the DS Lite
- Just ONE Touch Screen (Same as DS/Lite)
- Built in web browser
- "DS Ware" to be available for purchase (including free apps/games like the Apple App store)
- Will be available in Japan on November 1st for $179.99
- A new firmware and DS Channel/App interface
- Mii support on DS

Is that clear enough?

On another note, since it is able to run an even faster DS browser without a RAM expansion, that means the thing has had a cpu and/or ram upgrade

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Admittedly by definition, a Hard drive must contain a rigid non removable magnetic disk with a large data storage, though that is hardly the point. To the average layman, Cell phones, Ipods, and Wiis all have hard drives. Most people consider a "Hard Drive" to be a form of data storage on a device. So it was a minor error, but it was not deserving of the responses it received, unless you guys actually didn't know that it didn't have internal data storage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c