Hacking DSi slot 2 work around

faceless79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats everyones opinion? does anyone think that eventually one of these card manufacturers will come up with a DSi compatible flash cart with the extra ram built in to allow you to play gba and use the opera browser, quake 2 DS, ds linux etc. similar to the ds-extreme card?

B

ball2012003

the dsi has its own browser and it also has more biult in RAM
so there might be a gba emulator

RAIDEN!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
Maybe.I think nintendow ill start offering gba games as downloadable dsiware content.

yup
yaynds.gif

~NeonFire~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope so. I'm not getting a DSi until I can play my GBA games on it. Maybe some Slot-1 card will be able to run a GBA emulator in the future...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slot-1 cannot act as RAM. It's not addressable the way RAM needs to be, and the DS has no memory management unit (MMU) to fake its way past that limitation.

faceless79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the idea of gba games as downloads is awesome, unfortunately i have heard zero plans to that effect, me personally i feel its only a matter of time because think of it, say they release a new pokemon game for instance, how would a person transfer the old characters?

i have already pre ordered my system and have the acekard 2i at home waiting for april 5th and for the time being im keeping my old ds system untill a work around or compromise is reached.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1