Hacking DSi shoulder button contact improvement.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They physically click and function fine, it's the contact/response internally that's going bad. They've been steadily going unresponsive, they reached that point where the only way to get an accurate response is it blow into them beforehand, but that only holds up for a few minutes at the most before they begin going unresponsive.

I'm comfortable taking most electronics apart. Does anybody know of any picture/video/visual guide at all for taking a DSi apart, if it's safe, and/or what to do about the contact issue?

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to take apart a DSi (using google is probably you best bet), but I was having the same trouble with my DSLite. I took it apart and I just got some compressed air and just let loose on the should buttons, and now they are extremely responsive. Most likely its just a bunch of dust the has gathered in your shoulder buttons shell that stops contact.

Edit: Found this video and it's made by the same person who's video I used for direction for my DSL.

and another with higher res

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another addition to my last post, but I just remembered I once fixed my cousins DSi shoulder problem by running a small flat head Screwdriver along the shoulder button and pried it open slightly. Then I got my handy dandy computer dust-off and blew in about half the bottle on both and they worked just as new

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over