Hacking DSi Screen Protector

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen DSi screen protectors at Best Buy and Gamestop. I didn't pay attention to what brand they were though. I was looking for new ones for my DSlite.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up the Nintendo branded screen protectors from Wal-Mart. They are just as good as the Hori ones. I have two DSL systems with Hori protectors, and I didnt want to wait for a set to get ready for my DSi. I paid $7 for the screen protectors, cloth, game case. They are designed just like the Hori ones.

sphinx.djc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These protectors don't use any adhesive do they? The only thing I've used close to a screen protector was this piece of plastic paper. Thing is, I can't get anymore, it was really good because it just stuck itself very nicely to the screen and stayed in place, worked well with my fat DS, are these screen protectors the same sort of idea?

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use care in selecting your screen protectors. Apparently there are two types of screen protectors, removable or permanent. The difference being that the temporary type use little or no adhesive while the permanent type use an a strong adhesive that forms a permanent bond with the touch screen surface.

Not having done my homework, and wanting to protect my DSi, I purchased the RocketFish DSi starter kit when I purchased my DSi. I immediately installed the screen protectors included with the starter kit without incident and they do work just fine. HOWEVER, if they do wear and need to be replaced I will have a problem. The adhesive used is strong and leaves behind a messy residue on the screen. It is also very easy to destroy the touch screen during the removal process.

(Hint: Once you get a corner loose, pull it back on itself so that you are pulling across the screen rather that pulling up and away from the screen. Pull it off very slowly.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment