Hacking dsi screen balnck when i pout in r4card

superkaytee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have downloaded and loaded the firmware onto the r4 card and when i put it into the dsi its says'error has occured'. I then put it into a normal ds to update the software but the ds recognises the r4 card is in the slot but has a blank screen where the games should be.
any ideas what im doing wrong???

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds completely stupid, but did you unzip the "r4ifw_update_14_DSi" file and place the uncompressed .nds file onto the root of your R4i cart, or simply place the WinZIP file on there?

edit: I know there's a language barrier at play here, but the wording/spelling of the title is horrendous. Subject matter was much easier to read, at least.
wink.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've re-read your initial post - so, are you saying you don't even get to the R4's interface (3 icons on bottom screen) after placing the firmware on the R4? I can't see why you would say the DSL recognizes the R4, but you have a blank screen - seems to be a contradiction.
If this is correct, you will need to advise the website that is listed on your R4, what type of R4 it is (eg. original R4DS, R4i, R4SDHC, R4 Ultra, etc. etc.), what firmware version you are trying to use, etc.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's giving you an error screen with white writing, the cart is blocked by the 1.4 firmware, and can't be fixed. If the error screen has red writing saying you need to update the hardware, then you need to do exactly that: buy a new cart, because they dropped support for yours when 1.4 dropped. It shouldn't be saying either of these if your cart actually does have the yellow 1.4 mark on it.

superkaytee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it has nothing on the screen(just blank white screen) when i insert the r4i cartridge into the ds lite.

Posts merged

yes my cartridge does have the yellow 1.4 mark on it.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
superkaytee said:
it has nothing on the screen(just blank white screen) when i insert the r4i cartridge into the ds lite.

Posts merged

yes my cartridge does have the yellow 1.4 mark on it.
Then I'd doublecheck the address you're getting firmware from (it should be on the cart's sticker) and try downloading a fresh copy of the newest firmware there.

superkaytee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just put my small sdhc card into another r4i cartridge and it worked. Both the r4i cartrdiges were from the same internet website and i downloaded the firmware from the website it said on the box they came in. i looked at the back of the r4i cards and one has r41-sdhc 7(one that isnt working) and the other r4i card says r4i-sdhc 5.is this any thingto do with it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)