Hacking DSi RAM extention thru SD card!

Bla7kCaT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my DSi today, i have to say my first impression of it blows. the camera has a forced shutter sound, and an obvious light when on, so candid shots are out of the question, not that i would use the DSi's camera, since its so bad. and the new material they use makes it so prone to marks.. i bought black, if i even move my finger to hard across the back of it it leaves white streaks.. wth? the new louder volume is great, but not when i can only turn the volume down AFTER starting it up, making sure everyone around me in class knows i just started up my ds. i was alright without having the GBA card slot, but when i use the build in browser, it constantly runs out of memory before loading a single page, my DS lite w/ EZFLASH gba card never did that. and limiting the SD side cart to only play AAC and mp4? what the heck nintendo, youre starting to act like apple.. blocking all the features and then selling the ones everyone else gets free back to us.

so what i wanted to know, was is there any way to add ram via the SD card slot on the side? and has anyone found a way to get around the limited audio playback on sdcard, and camera shutter? or have the dsi always start up with volume at 0? it hasnt been hacked yet right? so im assuming theres no custom firmwares? or are there. ive been looking around gbatemp for the past few hours and have found some pretty useful info, i was able to access the net thru my cellphone via wifi tethering, which i could never do with the lite, so thats great. but i heard you cant play games like this because it uses internets 4/5/6 and games only work thru 1/2/3 is that also true?
wow.. i just asked so many questions.. really sorry for anyone who reads this, but i tried to put all my questions in one post, so i dont have to ask a bunch of times. well youd really be saving me alot of time (and sleep) if anyone could answer what they know. thanks!

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
as far as i know, no... you cant do any of those things... or anything cool yet... gotta use a flashcart with moonshell to play mp3's and whatnot...

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
the camera has a forced shutter sound, and an obvious light when on, so candid shots are out of the question, [/p]you were planning to take pictures of people without their permission?

the new louder volume is great, but not when i can only turn the volume down AFTER starting it up, [/p]not at all true, it is possible to go from full volume to muted before the sound for the health screen even plays. just press the volume down repeatedly when starting up if you are that worried

making sure everyone around me in class knows i just started up my ds.[/p]you should not be playing games during class

when i use the build in browser, it constantly runs out of memory before loading a single page, my DS lite w/ EZFLASH gba card never did that. [/p]i call bullshit, i used the ds lite browser extensively with a 3in1 and the dsi browser is infinately better. you probably forgot to clear your history before loading a large page despite being told to by the dsi

and limiting the SD side cart to only play AAC and mp4? what the heck nintendo, youre starting to act like apple.. blocking all the features and then selling the ones everyone else gets free back to us.[/p]it's a games console, be glad it has music player support (not that anybody in their right mind would use a ds as a pmp)

so what i wanted to know, was is there any way to add ram via the SD card slot on the side? and has anyone found a way to get around the limited audio playback on sdcard[/p]no and no

or have the dsi always start up with volume at 0? [/p] do as i mentioned previously in the post for this

it hasnt been hacked yet right? so im assuming theres no custom firmwares?[/p]nope, nothing usable yet (don't anyone try mention that save exploit because i said *usable*)

but i heard you cant play games like this because it uses internets 4/5/6 and games only work thru 1/2/3 is that also true?[/p] ds cards play in ds mode so no using wpa. i see no reason why dsiware would not support wpa though...

wow.. i just asked so many questions.. really sorry for anyone who reads this, but i tried to put all my questions in one post, so i dont have to ask a bunch of times. well youd really be saving me alot of time (and sleep) if anyone could answer what they know. thanks![/p]you may now sleep:)

edit: speeling

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bla7kCaT said:
i just got my DSi today, i have to say my first impression of it blows. the camera has a forced shutter sound, and an obvious light when on, so candid shots are out of the question, not that i would use the DSi's camera, since its so bad. and the new material they use makes it so prone to marks.. i bought black, if i even move my finger to hard across the back of it it leaves white streaks.. wth? the new louder volume is great, but not when i can only turn the volume down AFTER starting it up, making sure everyone around me in class knows i just started up my ds. i was alright without having the GBA card slot, but when i use the build in browser, it constantly runs out of memory before loading a single page, my DS lite w/ EZFLASH gba card never did that. and limiting the SD side cart to only play AAC and mp4? what the heck nintendo, youre starting to act like apple.. blocking all the features and then selling the ones everyone else gets free back to us.

1) What the fsck!? That's sick.
2) The new material is actually pretty good. Try keeping a steady hand when playing your games, you know, like how you're meant to play. :/
3) Try holding Volume Down and pressing power at the same time. It starts it in silent mode. (This is mentioned in the ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK! Don't people read these anymore?)
4) Try not going to such large sites. m.facebook.com works fine, as well as any other mobile site. I never run out of memory on mine.
5) It's not that big a deal when you find out how to convert MP3 to AAC using iTunes.
6) What other features are you talking about?

EDIT: Ninja'd by mercluke.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol