Hacking DSi R4i

Hazard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone know about this product that going to be release for DSi? I found out about this on my email from Memorybits.co.uk.

dsir4i.jpg

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Hazard7 said:
Did anyone know about this product that going to be release for DSi? I found out about this on my email from Memorybits.co.uk.

dsir4i.jpg
It's probably just an Acekard 2i clone with a hexed kernel. But if I had a DSi, I'd buy one, if it was priced reasonably.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tuddy666 said:
It's probably just an Acekard 2i clone with a hexed kernel. But if I had a DSi, I'd buy one, if it was priced reasonably.

I'd rather buy a real flashcart than a clone, even if it's a bit more expensive. I can't believe people still buy the R4 and its clones when much better carts are available.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
i have one.

It's just a fake R4 (Based on the R4 Ultra), It uses the same header as AK2i / DSTTi and EZFlash Vi to trick the DSi in booting it
(as you can see on the chinese txt in the icon, it's the same by all.)
Compatibility is the same as R4 and clones
If you're gonna buy one for your EU/US DSi, the change is there you are screwed. it's wait and see if Nintendo did a small update on the FW of the DSi to prevent those cards from booting.

---------------

Click on an image to get a largere view!

------------

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
It's just a fake R4 (Based on the R4 Ultra), It uses the same header as AK2i / DSTTi and EZFlash Vi to trick the DSi in booting it
(as you can see on the chinese txt in the icon, it's the same by all.)
Compatibility is the same as R4 and clones
If you're gonna buy one for your EU/US DSi, the change is there you are screwed. it's wait and see if Nintendo did a small update on the FW of the DSi to prevent those cards from booting.
So it's basically an R4 clone with a custom kernel header? I'm going to hold out 'til I get an EU DSi and if the AK2i works with it, then that's just fine and dandy. But I'm not getting a new flashcart (I have an R4 at the moment) until I get a DSi.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
dbswnd97 said:
Should I bother getting one if I get DSi?

Because I already have a normal R4DS.
You WILL need a new flashcart for the DSi, the older flashcarts designed for DS/Lite won't work on the i. From what I've heard, the AK2i was one of the first and is, apparently, the best.

Though somebody with more knowledge on the subject explain that for me.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
But doesn't the DSi have FW updates that could make it stop working?

If not I'm sooooooo getting AK2i!

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo will have future updates that will stop AK2i from working. From my experience, Acekard will find a way around the problem ; its a game of cats and mice

ALSO, its a gamble right now cause apparently the Acekard 2i wont work with EURO DSi .... its somewhere in usersubmitted posts.

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dbswnd97 said:
But doesn't the DSi have FW updates that could make it stop working?

If not I'm sooooooo getting AK2i!

Nintendo already stated that there will be firmware updates so you can count on it that they will make the flash cards unusable or maybe even brick your DSi if you leave the card in while upgrading your firmware. But the creators of those flash cards will probably keep coming with an upgraded kernel for their cards so the cycle continues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father