Homebrew DSi Homebrew Menu directly on your Home Menu!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I recently discovered that I can get SRLs to boot into DSi mode if I use the right DSi Extended header settings. Initially I needed to provide an existing Arm7i/arm9i binary, but later discovered that they aren't needed. hbmenu works fine with the arm7i/arm9i binary locations pointed to the existing NTR binaries. So they aren't even needed for homebrew to use DSi mode!

This is the result!

As you can see hbmenu works just as well as it did from Sudokuhax. Now you don't need to waste time booting up a game like Sudokuhax to use your DS/DSi homebrew!

While I did do some work figuring out how to boot custome SRLs, all the credit goes to @ahezard for making some changes to the source code of homebrew menu and creating a python script to more easily convert homebrew SRLs to something you can install to home menu. (though your results will vary. Many homebrew use arm7 code/ram entry settings that TWL_FIRM won't let you use directly)

Download Link:

https://github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu/releases

Latest release can be found on ahezard's github as well as a pre-compiled version of hbmenu that you can use from the Home Menu!

Credit also to Steveice10 who did some RE work on the SRL header format which helped me figure things out! :D

Note that you must have latest nightly build of rxTools or a prepatched TWL_FIRM installed before you can run custom DSiWare. If you see the Error has Occurred message, you do not have a patched TWL_FIRM and need to either use rxTools or get the prepatched CIA to install. Note that if you intend to use this on emunand, you must also install hbmenu (and any other DSiWare) to your sysnand as well before they will work from emunand. Note that patched TWL_FIRM is only needed on emunand if launching from emunand. ;)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install the cia on my sysNAND? I already have it on emuNAND, along with the TWL_FIRM. But FBI is giving me DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE. According to the FBI page, that means that I need something to patch signature checks, such as a cfw. If that's the case, how do I install this onto sysNAND?
Minipasta.3dsx

Reactions: Deleted User

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand all the technical mumbo-jumbo. Can someone please explain what this actually means, why this is important, etc. in layman's terms?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
On N3DS LL, on RXtools (I think its the beta 3.0), with 10.6 emunand.

installed bootstrap.cia and the hbmenu.cia

Running it doesn't show an error,but shows a black screen.

gonna try using the latest nightly. (hopefully doesn't kil my 10.6)

edit: I think it's because its not installed on sysnand, silly me.

edit2: installed on both sysnand and emunand, using 22-feb-2016 nightly build.
still black screen upon entering hbmenu.

Last edited by Queno138,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning