Country
Netherlands
Hey, i got 3 questions.

1) What are ''DSI Games''
2) Wich games are ''DSI Games''
3) Can the SCDS2 Play those ''DSI Games''

G

geenlung

Dsi games come in two varities: DS games that feature special features when used on the Dsi (i.e. Camera in Pokemon Black and White). Then there are Dsiware games, those which you buy from the Nintendo Shop with Wii/Ds Points.

Currently, no one has hacked the dsiware games to make backups playable on a ds, dsL, dsi, or dsi XL. Furthermore, backup DS games that have the extra DSi features do not function during game play (The regular game works, it's just the extra feature that don't work). (At least that's my understanding of it)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have 3 types of retail carts:
  • DS carts, your normal carts which work with all consoles.
  • DSi enhanced carts. These work in DS mode when inserted into a DS, when inserted into a DSi they may use the additional hardware of the DSi such as the additional memory, processing power and camera. An example of these is Sonic Classic collection, it uses the additional processing power of the DSi to improve emulation speed.
  • DSi Exclusive carts. These require the additional hardware of the DSi to operate, normally the camera. There are very few DSi Exclusive carts, and those are regarded as 'shovelware'.
All flashcarts will run DSi enhanced carts in DS mode, they will not run DSi Exclusive carts or DSiWare.

It's possible a future firmware could enable the DSTWO to operate in DSi mode, especially as the Supercard Team are still fairly active.

Greatforce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about those DSI ware games, are you required to have an additional MicroSD to save them on, or do they ''instal''/save on the DS itself?

And is there a list for all DSi enhanced carts?

Thanks ;-)

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no DSi enhanced carts. They are all DS mode carts. The only reason that they run DSi enhanced games is because those can run in DS mode, without the extra features.

Greatforce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about those DSI ware games, are you required to have an additional MicroSD to save them on, or do they ''instal''/save on the DS itself?

Thanks ;-)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Greatforce said:
Uh...it's simple (I guess you don't have a DSi or know anything about DSi?). DSiware is similar to the stuff you get from the Wii shop channel. It's stored on the SD card and you buy them from the internet via the DSi's shop. I doubt these would ever run on a DS since they tend to assume the system has the capabilities of a DSi. So far most DSi exclusive games are these downloadable games.

Greatforce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
9th_Sage said:
Greatforce said:
Uh...it's simple (I guess you don't have a DSi or know anything about DSi?). DSiware is similar to the stuff you get from the Wii shop channel. It's stored on the SD card and you buy them from the internet via the DSi's shop. I doubt these would ever run on a DS since they tend to assume the system has the capabilities of a DSi. So far most DSi exclusive games are these downloadable games.

Im planning on buying an DSI XL this month:)

Thanks for the explanation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup