Hacking DSi FW 1.2e cant run any flashcard...

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a problem and dont know what to do.
I just got DSi with FW 1.2e, and this machine cant run any DSi compatible flashcard I have. Testing AK2i (nonfixed) and EZflash Vi (v805, fixed with file v15 and kernel R16).
Both cards didnt show up, but when I try original game cartridge, it works without problems.

DSi doesnt have battery cover, is it possible that this has something with it?

(updating DSi FW to 1.4 is the last thing I want to do)

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
im confused.........? you dont want to upgrade? why not? most flashcards require FW1.4 dont they? a simple upgrade will sort your issue?
huuum?

I didnt tell I DONT WANT UPGRADE... I tell, that upgrading is the last thing I will do...

QUOTE(#5661 @ May 10 2010, 08:32 PM) I'm not entirely sure what to suggest, I'm not great at stuff like this... but I don't think it would have anything to do with the battery cover.
First thing that comes to my mind is to ask if those flashcarts work on another system?

Both cards work like a harm on my DS Lite / DS... The problem is, that on DSi not, although one is ready for 1.4, and the second is non fixed...
The battery cover is only my opinion, it could have some metal piece which connect two contacts or so... but when original card works - it is wierd...

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry, but if you read 'updating DSi FW to 1.4 is the last thing I want to do', it reads as updating to 1.4 isn't an option!!

im pretty sure the battery cover has absolutely nothing to so with the ds or the ds functionality, its not like the psp (not hackable via the battery). Someone please confirm this though? beacuse ive never heard of it before!!

i know with my acekard2i i had to flash it to be compatible with the dsiXL, it wouldn't work at all, but worked fine on my other systems (ds phat, lite)! Whats the make of the card? acekard? m3?

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DSi with FW 1.3 and lower can run any DSi compatible flashcard without "flashing". I have FW 1.2, so it has to work, but doesnt...

AK2i is original (hwid 81)
ezflash Vi is original too, and FLASHED (fixed for DSi FW 1.4)

Oke, I will upgrade DSi, and will hoping, that this one helps...

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Upgraded to 1.4 and guess what... NOTHING... The card still dont show...
Tested only ezflash, because AK2i not flashed yet...

I dont understand it...

Guys, if you have DSi (not XL), could you remove battery cover and run DSi with flashcard?
I want to know, if it will works or not...

btw. the dsi is a little older...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The icon is still grey (cannot be touched). But it displays game icon, when original cartridge is inserted

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
if you have upgraded your DSi to 1.4, you need to flash the flashcard with a firmware update, for this you need a DSLite or DS

Once you have flashed your Flashcart, you should be able to run it
(It shows up as a game, not as a flashcart icon after the updates.

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
if you have upgraded your DSi to 1.4, you need to flash the flashcard with a firmware update, for this you need a DSLite or DS

Once you have flashed your Flashcart, you should be able to run it
(It shows up as a game, not as a flashcart icon after the updates.

I AM NOT NOVICE IN FLASHING FLASHCARDS...

I HAVE FLASHED EZFLASH Vi, now AK2i AND THEY DONT SHOW IN DSi MENU!!!

THEY DIDNT SHOW IN THE MENU WHEN DSi WAS 1.2...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sounds like contact issues between the flashcarts and the DS slot. Tried putting a piece of paper on the back of the flashcart so as to press it closer to the contacts?

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HAHA...

so the 1.2e was what? the flashcard block comes with 1.4, and in dsi I own it doesnt work from 1.2...

Guys... try to remove the f*cking battery cover and tell me, if the card shows or not. THX

EDIT: ORIGINAL CARD WORKS... FLASHCARD TESTED WITH PIECE OF PAPER, still nothing

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no need to shout mate, we're just trying to help you out!
well if its not working now after an update and after you've updated yours cards, i think its safe to say the ds is f***ed? no need to remove the battery cover btw, its has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the ds, dsi! ive been reading and posting on other sites, this is how i now know the answer to that!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dude, what the hell? The battery cover has absolutely nothing to do with flashcarts being able to boot or not
ohnoes.png

Could you maybe post some pics or a video of what is happening? That might make it a little more clear for us to get what you mean.

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Sounds like contact issues between the flashcarts and the DS slot. Tried putting a piece of paper on the back of the flashcart so as to press it closer to the contacts?

That is really wierd!!! Guys, I fixed both cards, tested them with piece of paper and nothing... NOW I TAKE FATTER PAPER and... IT STARTS... I AM THERE...

OK. THX TO ALL WHO TRY TO HELP ME... NEXT TIME my advice for this will be -> FATTER PAPER WORK
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.