Hacking DSi firmware vs. Acekard 2i firmware: Does it matter which firmware ge

Daemon.nds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm under the impression that the Acekard has firmware updates. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am currently running firmware 1.2U on the DSi and have an Acekard 2i on the way. Assuming that the Acekard 2i does indeed have firmware updates available, in which order should I do the updates?

And are Acekard updates performed via computer download, or are they done via Wi-Fi? Thanks.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AK firmware has nothing to do with the DSi firmware, as far as I know.
The AK firmware updates are something you do manually, by downloading from either the acekard website, or by downloading the latest version of akAIO, IIRC.
DSi firmware updates automatically. For this reason, there is concern that Nintendo will eventually update the DSi, such that flashcarts will be useless.

edit: You can update the loader via WiFi

Daemon.nds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx dudes. i updated to 1.3u while i was out.

TheLifeRuiner said:
wots that? your screen name is pretty much awesome btw.

QUOTE(anaxs @ Apr 9 2009, 07:48 PM) but dont u have to agree to update the dsi firmware...thats the case in my dsi.....
so if i take my dsi to a hotspot that i've already set up a connection w/ in the past, it won't update the firmware automatically?

also, if we decide to get dsi wares, do we always need to have the most recent firmware in order to do so?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Day By Day said:
so if i take my dsi to a hotspot that i've already set up a connection w/ in the past, it won't update the firmware automatically?

also, if we decide to get dsi wares, do we always need to have the most recent firmware in order to do so?

Your DSi will not update it's firmware automatically. It will ask you to agree to it everytime. That may change in the future but who knows. If there is a new update available, it will force you to update before it will allow you in the DSiWare shop. Still, it will prompt you before it does.

BTW, with the AceKard2i, you have a choice between the official firmware or the third party AKAIO firmware which is much better in terms of features, compatiblity, useability.

Read the AKAIO wiki for more info. It's stickied at the top of the Acekard forum.

jarocho4l1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we're talking about dsi firmware updates if i havent downloaded to ver1.3(u) and if ver1.4(u) were to come out would it update to both ver or 1 at a time, or would it skip ver1.3?

help plOx

Boxcutteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi Firmware 1.4 is already out reported by users.

You're asking if the Acekard 2i's "core" or internals can be upgraded/re flashed. Its possible but the software isn't out to do so though. The kernals or OS is always upgradeable.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Day By Day said:
TheLifeRuiner said:
wots that? your screen name is pretty much awesome btw.

It's the thing that loads up your games
tongue.gif
In many instances, akAIO is better for loading most games, since it has better compatibility than the regular ak loader.

Also, thank you, lol. I like your avatar, hahaha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: