Not open for further replies.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
panacamanana said:
If you go to the DSi settings and go to system update it says that there is an update available, but when you try to get it, it says that your DSi is currently up-to-date.
Learn to read pl0x, it's not out in NA regions yet.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tempers to your cars. The race has begun. Hurry, Nintendo's in lead.

So far only 2 flashcard manufacturers stated as a feature to their card that they will work around Nintendo's "possible" FW updates. That "possible" nightmare has now become reality. So the M3iZero & SuperCard DS ONEi should be coming with update soon. Or will the AKAIO Team pull out as the underdog and release an update before anyone else does (Not Likely but that would AWESOME
tongue.gif
). Yet, there is still hope from the CycloDS Team and they may triumph with their new release of the CycloDS card for the DSi, still to be announced.

Who knows? its anyone's game now.

~ Jon

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I just keep thinking that there is a VERY simple solution to this problem, especially for those who have the "i" carts that don't even have the possibility of being updated to ever work again on the DSi.....shelf the DSi and get yourself a DSlite. Those "i" carts WILL work in a DSlite, and it's not like any of those carts unlocked DSi mode anyway. And at this point, none of the DSi-enhanced games have been worth bothering with, so as far as flashcart use and piracy is concerned, what would you really miss about the DSi beyond the larger screens? You could just use the DSi for legit stuff for the time being.

Hey, I was just thinking......wasn't it some fishing game or something like that which was used as the bootstrap to get "i" carts working? I wonder, does the legit version of that fishing game still work in a DSi? I don't know, I thought that was an interesting question to pose.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not sure how legit the M3i forum is on the link thats on the handheld sources forum link (forum button is on the left) .....

but ..I posted a message on there regarding the M3i Zero being blocked by the new update

this is the response I got by the admin there ..

QUOTE said:
Posted on # July 30, 2009, 3:05 pm

admin

Group: Administrator
Post Group: Newbie

We will look into this.

Thanks

If its an official Forum then M3 Team are looking into this now
smile.gif

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
Well.. Looks like I either have to wait for AKAIO/Acekard team to make an update, or for Waninkoko to make a custom firmware, to only get the needed files like he did on the Wii.

Also, are these carts completely blocked, or can you still see them when you boot up the DSi? (Just not able to use them.)

My M3i0 is detected on my dsi, but when you try boot you get an error message.

I think its cleverly released with Flipnote Studios round the corner!! ( Fingers Crossed )
biggrin.gif

joe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Placeholder said:
I hope Cyclo unveil their secret soon... I also hope M3i still works since I only just bought it.

Same here mate - but I aint risking updating my DSi to 1.4 to find out. Besides, Facebook is just another fad & I don't need a faster camera function.

Nuff said
gbasp.gif

NextStep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was wondering why it took so long to load GBAtemp...

well, still using the old DS lite, so no effect for me.

however, it seems like Nintendo is really set on taking on flash carts (and for good reason).
my guess is that it'll get unblocked, that's what always seems to happen.

let's see how they respond.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I foresee this being a very frustrating fight for DSi users and cart makers in general, considering they can make updates mandatory and frequent, so cart makers don't have time to send a fix before the next update rolls out.

luisedgarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Amer said:
bobrules said:
Nintendo joins sony in the fight against piracy. Unfortunately, pirates always win.
Well, Sony won...With PS3.

It´s very difficult for a lazy amoral western nerd can win against a bunch of Japanese who have studied since they learned to read and write from the cradle. They will ALWAYS be more smarter than any westerner.

QUOTE(kobykaan @ Jul 30 2009, 12:54 PM)
We will look into this.

Thanks

Maybe they're trying to say to us "screw you guys" in polite language.
rolleyes.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luisedgarf said:
Amer said:
bobrules said:
Nintendo joins sony in the fight against piracy. Unfortunately, pirates always win.

It´s very difficult for a lazy amoral western nerd can win against a bunch of Japanese who have studied since they learned to read and write from the cradle. They will ALWAYS be more smarter than any westerner.
Wow, arrogant and racist much?

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luisedgarf said:
SargeSmash said:
Wow, arrogant and racist much?

Nope, Just to be realist about the situation about hacking the PS3.

It's just the whole "Japanese will always be smarter than ANY Westerner" statement I find offensive. Just because someone is from a particular race or culture does not guarantee that they will be smarter than another. While on average, it may be true, there are ALWAYS exceptions. There are many Westerners who DO start learning from the cradle, because, you know, their parents actually CARE.

That being said, they've apparently done an impressive job with the copy protection and whatnot.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though the 1.4 isn't out here, I'm glad I didn't buy a flashcart. I'll probably wait for an exploit anyways, it will only be a matter of time and progress is looking like it's coming along fast at this point. So I'm hoping this just comes now for the faster camera XD (although I don't have Facebook and don't plan to get one either)

luisedgarf said:
Amer said:
bobrules said:

Nintendo is Japanese too you know... XD

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luisedgarf said:
Amer said:
bobrules said:

QUOTE(kobykaan @ Jul 30 2009, 12:54 PM)
We will look into this.

Thanks

Maybe they're trying to say to us "screw you guys" in polite language.
rolleyes.gif

I believe Nintendo are using a western company to provide the next level of copy protection to the DS cartridges, so how exactly does that make the Japanese cleverer than the westerner ? pretty racist remark if you ask me.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Amer said:
[quote name='bobrules' post='2154960' date='Jul 30 2009, 05:56

MORE SMARTER ROFL, that was quite a way of putting it, it should be "they are always smarter*

Anyway that is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, there will alway be people better at thing, its not defined to a race on who can program better, it the person with the most Vision and inspiration that wins most of the time in this world.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage said:
Very nice from Nintendo that they released this update BEFORE releasing Flipnote Studios or one of the interesting DSiWare games in Europe (Mighty Flip Champs, Mini Mario, ...)
rolleyes.gif

Chris_Skylock said:
NOA will release a 1.4.1U DSi firmware when the fashcart makers counter the 1.4 EU, JP, AU update. On or before flipnote studio release. The firmware are simultaneously distributed to specific regions if it's a main update. otherwise, there's a delay for minor update for each region.

rockinreject said:
QUOTE(Nin10doFan @ Jul 30 2009, 03:56 PM)
Well.. Looks like I either have to wait for AKAIO/Acekard team to make an update, or for Waninkoko to make a custom firmware, to only get the needed files like he did on the Wii.

Also, are these carts completely blocked, or can you still see them when you boot up the DSi? (Just not able to use them.)

My M3i0 is detected on my dsi, but when you try boot you get an error message.

I think its cleverly released with Flipnote Studios round the corner!! ( Fingers Crossed )
biggrin.gif

I knew this was going to happen before Flipnote was released. I actually checked Monday (27th) to see if the update was available. Flipnote will be released next Monday (3rd) so US will probably get the update before or on that day. I plan on getting Flipnote so I'll have to update. I don't have a DSi flashcart, but I don't think I'm going to get one anyway. I'll just fix my DS Lite and use that.

I'm glad to see some improvements as well. The camera did seems quite slow, but it didn't bother me much. I wondered when they were going to add an upload feature. I mean they did include an SD slot so why not? I see it's limited to facebook though. This shows it's possible for it to be a standard feature for online usage.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well this sucks. Unless you have a japanese Dsi and Flipnote studio is already out so you have no bribe. They know everybody wants it and so their releaseing them simotaniously. I was really looking for to it but now i cant use it
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap