Hacking Dsi exception Occoured error Can't install homebrew channel

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried to reinstall homebrew channel i goto would you like to continue to install homebrew channel i press yes the Dsi Exception Occoured error comes up i've even formated the wii. did nothing but the same thing no homebrew apps let me install i've tried all sugestions did the same thing i used mail bomber i'm on 4.3E version of wii It only started to happen once i installed wii64 but i removed it got any ideas at all Cause it's really bugging me but it lets me install bootmii as boot2 Please help me fix this problem ive been trying to fix it for severeal hours ive even formated the sd card havent tried another one but i don't think that's the problem

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have twilight princess i formated the wii i had it downloaded it used to work i copied all the save files to my sd card as backups now what do i do :(

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol bombmail.
LETTERBOMB
anyways ,modmii is a pc program so easy to use.
even a baby can use it (if they can read and know what letter they are typing anmd aren't scard of the colour blue.)
search modmii download it wait for the eneter selection thing to appear type i agree then type the letter for hackmii solutions then answer the questions it asks you then wait for it to download THEN follow the guide

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just downloaded it from there again -.- i'm only able to install bootmii as a boot2 only else i get that fucking error

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope did the same thing i did what the guide told me to do i formated my wii yesterday and now can't install homebrew channel i got would like to continue to install homebrew channel i get the exception dsi occurred

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried to reinstall homebrew channel i goto would you like to continue to install homebrew channel i press yes the Dsi Exception Occoured error comes up i've even formated the wii. did nothing but the same thing no homebrew apps let me install i've tried all sugestions did the same thing i used mail bomber i'm on 4.3E version of wii It only started to happen once i installed wii64 but i removed it got any ideas at all Cause it's really bugging me but it lets me install bootmii as boot2 Please help me fix this problem ive been trying to fix it for severeal hours ive even formated the sd card havent tried another one but i don't think that's the problem.

i've installed all the wads with MMM and still the same thing keeps happening no mater what i try idk what to do now :\

i run hackmii from MMM but does the same thing now what do i do :\

i posted that extra stuff so you know what i'm talking about i'm out of ideas idk what to do now :\

Reactions: 1 person

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
fix your post. That is freaking ridiculous.

ok... if its fixed now..... HOW BAD WAS IT BEFORE!? You know those funny little buttons between "m" and "right shift" ? You should try pressing them once in a while.

But whats the reason you want to reinstall HBC? What wads have you installed? Why did you format the Wii? Why are you on eu SM when youre in US? How did you remove Wii64? What kind of underwe... never mind...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to understand his problem yesterday, but it was very late at night (now I'm very sleepy at work).

Here what I understood:

- He had HBC (I don't know which version)
- He deleted it (I don't know why)
- He want it reinstalled
- He is on 4.3
- He has a code dump when accepting the Installation of HBC (so, inside hackmii installer)
- He tried 5 different SD cards (I don't know which format or size)
- He said other homebrew also give a code dump when using them, like USBloaders/Wii64. (he said he launched them using MMM. It can launch homebrew? I never used MMM, I assume it can.)
- He used modmii to get MMM launch with letterbomb instead of Hackmii installer (I didn't know modmii guides allowed that)
- He used MMM to install some Wads (I guess they are official unpatched wads, right? Modmii has a guide to install some wads before launching hackmii installer?)
- He tried to launch cIOS d2x installer from MMM (using IOS249 as base, or trying to install IOS249, I didn't understood). Then it code dump too, on "3rd tab".
- when he select 249 he has "error mounting SD card" message.

Maybe he just has his SD card in Write protected mode.
But he said he could install bootmii (so I guess he also could write the bootmii files on SD, along with the install log), and I don't think HBC installation require any SD card writing except the logs.

I tried a write protected SD card with a USBloader and I didn't get any code dump, it just act as if the SD card was unmounted.

But anyway, check your "Lock" switch on your SD CARD!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This post isn't intended to really help the situation but just clarify a few of the ModMii related questions from the above post.

ModMii has a hackmii solutions wizard+guide that targets fixing the no vulnerable IOS and upside down homebrew channel issues. It will load mmm's boot.elf via an exploit (or existing HBC installation), instruct the user to install a list of non-fakesigned IOSs, then use MMM's app launcher to load the hackmii installer and reinstall the HBC. This method works for the majority of people experiencing these issues, but lately there have been a few people who have reported it didn't work for them and AFAIK no one is really sure why.

harls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm also i tried the mailbomb with the hackmii first and i was told to try mmm but did not work :\ i'm out of ideas i uninstalled and tried to reinstall homebrew to stop the code dump errors -.- That's why i tried reinstalling it :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...