I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Every sd card i put into my dsi xl memory card slot, it gets write protected ! Why the hell does this happen ?
hate2.gif

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
AlanJohn said:
Zekrom_cool said:
My sd card has no side thingy

it was given with my canon camera and it didnt have this problem in the beginning.

I have 4 such cards.
-snip img-
I have never seen in my life such a cart that does not have such slide thingy.

Get your facts straight. I've taken three pictures from three different angles to prove to you that my SD doesn't have any 'lock thingy'.

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

sd3.jpg

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AlanJohn said:
Zekrom_cool said:

it was given with my canon camera and it didnt have this problem in the beginning.

I have 4 such cards.

Dude, if he says his doesn't have one, then it doesn't have one.

@OP: Have you tried reformatting the card?

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
ShadowSoldier said:
AlanJohn said:
Zekrom_cool said:

I have 4 such cards.

Dude, if he says his doesn't have one, then it doesn't have one.

@OP: Have you tried reformatting the card?

Just to clear your confusion, the write protection doesnt allow me to do anything. Pasting, deleting formatting, all are useless.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if this helps:

QUOTE said:
San Disk cards have a little notch on the underside (long edge on one side) that can be moved for write protect/unprotect ... similar to the notch in the corner of 1.44 MB floppy diskettes. Other cards that don't have a switch like this may use the default settings (configured by the device that it came with) to disable writing to the disk. Note: these other card types are probably set to be write protected by the device software that came with them (such as a digital camera and the accompanying software would figure that it is the only interface that will write to your memory card).

Virtually *all* USB devices that have onboard storage capacity will in raw form be seen by the computer as an added hard drive. You can check for this by going into My Computer or Explore (on IBM based pc's). If you can get to a file/folder view of the memory card you are asking about, try and set the (top level) folder properties and/or file properties to *not* be hidden or read-only. More information regarding file permissions can be clarified by researching file attributes.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
For one thing you don´t have an SD card, you have an MMCplus card, it even says that on the sticker. That explains why you dont have the write protection tab.
That can also explain why it doesn´t work properly. If you already tried to format it and it fails even then, it could be that the card is corrupted, a fuse is blown in the DSi or something along that.
The powerdemand for MMC+ cards are different from regular SD / MMC and some of the lowlevel stuff is pretty different, so it can simply be that the DSi doesn´t support it.
Just buy an ordinary SD card if you even need it, the smaller sizes cost less then a beer at the pub usually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls