Hacking DSi does not recognize DSLite save files

clemiotis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I've been browsing the site for a few weeks and have found a multitude of helpful information. However, I have come up against one problem...

I am running an Acecard 2i on the new DSi(ver 1.4u); we have flashed the romcard and have the roms working with the D. Phantom fix. However, I noticed that the save files(created on a R4DS/DsLite combo) are not recognized on the new setup. I'm not certain whether it is the switch from the DsLite-DSi or changing the Romcards that has caused this. I created some new saves ingame on the DSi and noticed on the MicroSD card that the file extension is ".SAV" while on the DSLite/R4 combo they are saved as ".sav". I know this shouldn't make a difference, but it seems to in this case. I also checked out the online save converter and saw that the files should be cross-compatible.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts? Please forgive me if I have double posted, I checked the search feature and didn't see this topic pop up.

Thanks in advance for any input.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's known to be the issue, They have to be .sav, it's how they are supposed to be if they are long file names. AKAIO 1.7 will want the save extensions of all saves to be in lowercase.

Just use then ren command, or you can use this tool http://filetrip.net/f11163-AKAIO-Wood-R4-S...anager-1-3.html if that doesn't work, I have another one. I just need to go find it.

edit: re read it again.

Because you say the Acekard is creating new .SAV files, i'm querying in you have it set up correct. AKAIO 1.7 (which is what you are using) should create .sav files. The DSi/ DSL isn't the issue.

clemiotis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right, the Acekard is creating .sav, not .SAV files. thanks for the heads-up on the converter, it doesn't seem to be working for me though. there are few enough of them to go through and rename the .SAV files to a different extension, then to .sav

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.