Hacking DSi Deals?

AuthorX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, long story short... a few months ago, I noticed a crack in my DS Lite. A couple weeks ago I ordered a replacement from DealExtreme, and it arrived and I installed it today. Unfortunately, I bent the ribbon cable too much while doing the swap, and killed the top screen (it'll turn on, and you can see what's supposed to display very faintly in places).

Since I bought an Acekard 2i with it, I figure I may as well upgrade to a DSi to replace poor Thalia. So, does anyone know a good place to buy a Nintendo DSi, or somewhere that has a good holiday sale? I usually pay attention to sales and deals, but I wasn't looking to buy a DSi until just now, so I don't know what's going on. I'm in the US, and I'd rather buy from a US store (and of course I want a US system), but price is my main concern.

Also, wasn't there a free Nintendo Points bonus for a brand new DSi? Did they stop doing that?

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ebay, used @ gamestop are probably the only deals right now. DS Lites on black friday + that weekend were the best deal- $60.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There really aren't any deals going on right now.

There was a Metallic Blue DSi with mario DSi-ware available around black friday, but that ship has long sailed unless you want to pay $40 over retail.

The White black friday DSi is still available if you like white and brain age DSi-ware. Good deal if you like that stuff.

AuthorX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I just bought one on eBay since there's no other deals going on (and as far as I can tell, the free points for a new system is done). Says it's used and in good condition, so fingers crossed I'm not getting ripped off
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt